• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom IOS won’t restore purchase

New Here ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Lightroom iOS subscription expired, so renewed it through the App Store and Lightroom still won't recognize it. I restore purchases and there is a load screen that doesn't end. I have followed all steps on the forums and none work. I have contacted the Apple store and they say it's an issue with adobe and the app, Adobe says it's an issue with the App Store! Yet I'm was still charged and can't correctly edit a shot for a customer because of this! You can obviously tell the issue is with adobe's app and you can't renew from the app, and when you go to restore purchase it just stays loading, why are you sending me to Apple as the issue is with your app! It is a recurring issue I have seen on here and some customers have had the issue solved by adobe, yet most keep on getting sent to Apple!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Danny

I do apologize for the trouble and the wait for a reply.  I'm not sure if you reached out to Adobe Support separately, but can you check the app again?  It should show as subscribed now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi charlie,

i'm having the same issue as well. i recently renewed my subscription. this screen hasn't gone away. i tried signing out and back in, deleting the app, signing with apple id instead, etc. nothing. i read in a previous forum it's resolved but looks like it isn't. please advice.

thank you.

22250947-FC9B-43A8-BAE0-E07C56FA6DF6.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anna, I see a valid subscription for you -- is this working OK for you now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2020 Jun 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want to hijack the thread but my app also won't renew, though I have an active subscription.

🤷🏼‍:male_sign:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anthony

We had a system problem that is corrected now.  I confirmed you now have a valid subscription.  Please confirm you also now see this working in the Lightroom app.  We apologize sincerely for the trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charlie!

I am having the exact same issues! Just renewed my subscription however it doesnt work. Logged out and in of both App Store acccount as well as Lightroom accounnt and nothing works. According to App Store - and the Paypal Payment i made - my account should be active but nothing works. When i try to restore the purchase in the app it also doesnt work. I hope you can help me as i really want to continue working on my photos. thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 'magiclifeofviv'

I see a healthy, valid subscription for you based on the same email address you used for the forums here.  Is this working OK for you now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I now have the same problem again. Last night I renewed the subscription.

I don't know whats wrong with the system, but I hope someone is working on fixing it because it is incredibly frustrating.

Thank you for your help in making it work last time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anthony, sorry you've had trouble and had to post here again.  Did this sort itself out?  I checked your account and the subscription looks active and valid to my eyes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does seem to have activated now. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charlie, 

Im having the same issue. I just renewd my subscription but its not working. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Janela

There's a lot going on with your account, multiple subscriptions, etc.  I work on the Lightroom iOS team, and can sometimes help with iOS subscription troubles, but I lack all the tools that an Adobe Support agent has to help you.

The easiest way to reach Support may be by chat.  Please visit https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html, and sign in, and look for the Chat button on the right to initiate a session with a support agent.  My guess is that your previous, lapsed Lightroom Mobile subscription somehow interefered with your efforts to renew today.  I see you tried to subscribe on Mac as well as Mobile, and if you are happy with the 1 TB subscription from the Mac App Store, this includes premium access for the mobile app as well making the mobile subscription redundant.  I think a Support agent will be able to help clean all this up for you if you let them know which of the two new subscriptions you want to keep (Desktop and Mobile, or just Mobile)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charlie,

I do not have access to my just activated subsciption. I have tried either logging in type and still no positive result.

Kindly ask you to advise how to rectify the restore purchase issue.

Sincerely,

Oleg Lapalainen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Oleg

Did this fix itself?  I see a valid subscription for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

I am having the same issue I purchased the Lightroom subscription with my Apple ID but I am not able restore it in my Mac book air.

kindly can you please have a look at it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Abishek5C34 

I don't know on which platform (Mac or iOS) you subscribed, but here is some info that may help:

Currently, subscribing on iOS gives you acceass to Lightroom Mobile only on iOS and Android devices, and also https://lightroom.adobe.com/ (our Lightroom web app).  This sounds like it may be the reason for your experience.

If you subscribed on Mac, you will have access to both Lightroom desktop and mobile apps. 

Kind regards to you!

--Charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charlie, I have the exact same problem! Been trying to restore my purchase but the screen is just loading forever. I already made the purchase via App Store. How do I resolve this? Pls revert asap, thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Martha

I show a valid Lightroom subscription for the account based on the same email address you used for the forums.  Can you confirm this is working OK for you now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Charlie,

When I go on my Lightroom desktop is says my subscription has ended. When I try to restore it, it says that it is having trouble syncing my subscription. I also tried to repurchase a monthly subscription however it says I cannot since I already have one. I contacted someone through chat on Adobe and have spoken to many of the employees but they all say that I only have a subscription to the mobile version under my email and none to desktop. Since I cannot restore or purchase a new subscription I can't access Lightroom at all. I would really like to be able to use Lightroom on desktop to edit my photos, so I would appreciate your help. 

thanks,

Teagan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Teagan

I see you currently have a Lightroom Mobile Premium subscription.  This provides service only for iOS and Android device, and not also the Lightroom Windows and Mac apps.

Since you also want to use Lightroom on the desktop, I recommend you cancel your current mobile subscription, and then subscribe using either the Mac or Windows app stores, or subscribe directly from Adobe using one of the plans listed at https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography/compare-plans.html

I understand you say you were blocked from purchasing a monthly subscription.  It sounds like our safety mechanism that's meant to protect users from being overbilled is actually NOT helping in this case.  Once you cancel your Lightroom Mobile subscription via your iTunes subscription settings, see if that unblocks you from subscribing via the desktop app.  If you are still blocked at that point, contact Adobe Support via Chat again, and ask them to force your Adobe ID into a fully expired state so you can resubscribe.  I work on the Lightroom iOS team, not Support, so I lack the tools to help with this myself.

Note: to subscribe using with the Mac or Windows app stores, you need to download the app from that app store.  Since it sounds like you already have the Lightroom Desktop app installed, I would think subscribing directly from the adobe.com page above might be easiest.  

I hope the advice here helps a bit!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charlie, I'm having the same issue as everyone else in this forum, on my apple account it says that my account is still valid, but a no go on the app. Please help, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Skye5C89

Can you confirm which app you have trouble subscribing?  The reason I ask is that I see a valid Premiere Rush subscription for you.  Is your problem with Rush, or Lightroom?

If Lightroom, does it help to force-quit, relaunch, and try again?  In the app settings, have you tried Restore Purchase?  If an error displays, what is there error message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom, I've restarted the app and relaunched with no success, restoring my purchase was also unsuccessful. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Skye, I will send you a private message in a moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines