• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom iPad and cloud sync questions? (how do i get raw files off of my ipad?)

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i have a bunch of .cr2 files i worked on my ipad with while my macbook pro was in the shop, now that that i have them back i would like to add them to my lightroom classic library.  I have no clue how to get them from my ipad.  My Cloud drive says it is full, but i can not seem to locate where they live in the cloud, when i load up the lightroom cloud web app a few of the photos are there. but there are almost 1000 raws on my ipad.  There is a category in the lightroom web app that shows sync issues, and a ton of files are there.  I have attached a screenshot to show what I am talking about.  I do not use the cloud versions of the app and would like the raws off of my iPad as they are no longer on my flash card. Any help would be greatly appreccated. 

cheers

Rob. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are the images on your iPad? Are they still on the Camera Roll, or are they only in the Lightroom Mobile app? If they are on the camera roll, and you don't want to use the cloud in any way, can't you simply connect the iPad to the MBP and import the images into Classic? Another way, without any cable connection, could be to use Airdrop from the iPad's camera roll to the MBP. Also, depending on the capabilities of your iPad, you could connect an external drive and copy the images from the iPad to the drive, which you then connect to the MBP to import the images to Classic.

But if the images are in the LrMobile app, and have been processed there, the "standard" way to get them into Classic would be to sync them to the Adobe cloud, and from there down into Classic.....but you may be running into cloud space issues if you (presumably) only have the standard 20GB of cloud space. 

Confused by your statement that you do not use the cloud versions of the app. So what are you using on the iPad? That screenshot indicates that you ARE using LrMobile on the iPad, and that syncing is currently stuck (likely because of the cloud space issue). If you click on your avatar, top right of the screen in the LrWeb app, then select Account Info, that will tell you how much space you are currently using in the cloud. What does it say?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

they are in the LR Mobile app space, not the camera roll. My fault.  I am out of cloud space, but the maybe 15 images showing up in the cloud app are not 1 gig each. Something is blocking up my cloud drive and i do not know what it is.  It could be all of the failed sync files. But i am not sure how to fix them.  I do not want to risk deleting stuff off my iapd. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, you've already got 145 images in the cloud, according to the All Photos total per your ealier screenshot. How much total cloud space are you currently using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines