• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom (iPad) Reducing Image Resolution on Export to Camera Roll

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, hope somebody may be able to assist.

My workflow involves exporting images from Lightroom iPad to the Apple Camera Roll; however this appears to be reducing the resolution significantly.

I have an image in LR and can see the resolution is 3024 x 4032 - however this reduces to 1920 x 2560 when exported/imported to Photos.

I have checked the Export settings and used:

File Type: JPG

Dimension: largest available dimension

Image Quality: 100%

I've also tried setting File Type as Original which excludes all additional options - but still the reduced image resolution.

I have had a look over the documentation and Google and can see no suggestion that this is expected; so hoping somebody may be able to put me out of my misery.

Kind regards

TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @SegaBoy 

Is it possible you originally imported the files into Lightroom Classic on a desktop computer?  If so, LR Classic does not sync full size original images to the cloud, but rather only syncs Smart Preview copies of the images, and 2560 pixels on the long edge does sound like Smart Previews pixel resolution here.  The other Lightroom clients like Lightroom CC on the desktop, or Lightroom Mobile for iOS and Android do sync original images to cloud storage, and while this consume cloud storage much more than Classic, this does allow export of full size renditions and originals from any client.

If Classic was the client that uploaded the relevant images, can you return to Classic to export full size renditions you need?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines