• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom is deleting photos while I watch

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am editing metadata for thousands of pics in LR over the course of many days; suddenly the pictures start disappearing...click...click...click I can watch the counter drop, and the only thing I can do to stop it is to close LR. If I open it again it will continue dropping pics immediately. Obviously it is useless to me in this condition- can't find similar stories elsewhere. Fortunately I have backups but I'm looking at other options (including Bridge)- any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colorocker,

We're really sorry for all the trouble. Could you please let us know the exact version of Lightroom you are using now? Also, are you facing this after the recent update of Lightroom.

suddenly the pictures start disappearing...click...click...click I can watch the counter drop

Could you please share the screenshot or a video of this issue? In which module the images are dropping from the catalog?

Please try resetting the Lightroom preferences back to defaults and check if that helps to fix this issue.

Here's the link: How to set Lightroom Classic CC preferences

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ideally I'd like to take advantage of the facial recognition features- I digitize photo albums so it would be useful. I have been looking into LR Classic CC for that reason but didn't see it as a feature there either-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know what is causing CC to delete images. It looks like those images are already deleted from the cloud storage and it is syncing the info from the cloud down to your CC installation on your desktop so they might already be gone from there. If you go to https://lightroom.adobe.com what do you see?

Also, Lightroom CC does not have any facial recognition features. For that you need Lightroom Classic (currently). Here are instructions: Use Intelligent facial recognition in Lightroom Classic CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link takes me to the online version of LR CC; it told me I had 660 sync issues and that I needed to open my laptop version of CC. When I did that it continued to delete the rest of the album; there are still 660 sync issues and the album is now empty, both on the laptop and online.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also adding my name to the queue, this is the second time this has occurred in as many weeks. The first time I reloaded all the lost pictures from original locations on my iPad. There is now 12000 odd images in the cloud apparently for delegation. I am sure this must be something wrong with Lightroom Mobile as Lightroom Desktop was not running at the time. After the first time this happened I down loaded a fresh copy of Lightroom Mobile and the same thing has occurred with the fresh copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2018 Sep 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How and from where did the images get imported into Lightroom CC? This may help others identify the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The very same thing is happening to me as we speak! And worse is that I opened Lightroom yesterday to find that all of my albums were empty and the photos were missing from the "all photos" section as well. It's so disheartening because I've just recently started photography as a means of income and have lost hours and hours of already edited material. I have many of the photos backed up, but not all. And I'm afraid to reopen the program because of the risk of losing all the photos! What can be done to resolve this malfunction?

Is there an option to chat with someone on staff regarding this? I'm trying to finish some photos for a client and have to restart the process now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding my name to the queue of people with this issue. Horrible to watch hours of my work delete itself.

There should be an isolation mode in this software that lets you just work offline to stop any of these horrendous sync issues 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, has there been a resolution to this issue? I am facing the same problem. Not sure what is happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is happening to me too! Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines