• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom is exporting the wrong (unedited) file

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My desktop Lightroom is exporting the wrong (unedited) version of my photo. I edit the photo, click export, see the edited photo, export and discover that the original has been sent to my desktop instead of the edited photo. This has happened several times, any ideas?

Customer Service asked if I tried saving the file first but i don't see that option and don't know why I'd need to if I can right click to export. 

Windows 10 Home Version 20H2

Lightroom version: 4.3 x64 [ 20210526-1005-d4527c2 ] (May 26 2021)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What did you choose as file format? If you choose 'Original + Settings', then this is exactly as expected. The settings will be in a sidecar file (in case of raw) or in embedded metadata (other file types), but that can only be read by a few Adobe apps. Other apps will see the unedited original.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using on my desktop if that helps. I attached a pic of the screen and action. I'm not choosing a file type; I'm right clicking on the editing image and choosing export. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You did not attach an image. If you use email for these forums, attachments don't work. Visit the forums in your browser. If the right-click on the image and choose Export, you should get a dialog where you choose the destination and the file type.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines