• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom is not syncing between Macbook Pro and Ipad pro

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help. I upload photos to either Macbook OR iPad, but they are not syncing and I seem to have edit everything twice.

my iPad syncing is stuck on 'syncing 35 items' (which it isn't).

My Macbook says it's all synced and backed up, but it isn't, there are hundreds of edits it hasn't uploaded.

I have looked on Lightrooom Web and it tells me that there are two photos that are stuck on my iPad, and I have to deal with them there.  But those photos aren't there and I don't think have been for a while (nor are they on the Macbook version). 

Meanwhile it seems largely impossible to delete any photos on the ipad - I can ask it to multiple times, but it simply doesn't delete them, they just stay there. I can delete them on the Macbook, usually, but not on the ipad.

I did have a few wifi issues recently, but these have now been sorted out.

I have updated my Macbook software today but that didn't seem to help.

The lack of syncing between my two computers is exceptionally frustrating. 

Please help.

Thank you

TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @pippah54395579 

If you use Search in Lightroom on your iPad, and can't find the affected photos in the app, do you have the originals somewhere else like your camera roll?  If you are able re-import the originals, please delete the problem images from the Lighroom Web app in your browser.

Also, have you updated to the latest app version 8.0 that is now released?  If not, open the Lightroom app listing in the App Store app, apply the update and see if that helps.  LR Desktop also has an app update available.

If Sync still seems wonky after the update, and you have your unsynced original images stored safely outside of Lightroom, I recommend trying a re-install of the iPad app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.
Updating the ipad app seems to have worked. Thanks - has saved me a lot of
frustration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately I'm back to my iPad app getting stuck. It has claimed that it is updating 5 photos for 24 hours now (the same 5 photos I think). Meanwhile it won't let me delete, and it is not syncing with my MacBook - photos subsequently uploaded on the Macbook do appear, although I can't work with them on my iPad because the edits are not saved. This remains frustrating. I've tried looking for updates but can't find any. Suggestions would be welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines