• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom is slow/freezing when using healing and masking

Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a brand new Windows 11 laptop using the newest version of Lightroom.  When I try to edit my pictures with the healing or masking tools, Lightroom slows to an unusable speed, or sometimes completely freezes so I have to close the app.  I had this issue on my old laptop, which was not very powerful, but I can't figure out why this is happening on my new and very high powered laptop.

I've tried to look into this on multiple occasions, but the only thing I found was to turn off the GPU in preferences, and that setting is already turned off.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Welcome to the Lightroom community. I'll help you figure this out.

You've taken the first step to pinpoint why the issue occurs. Try updating the GPU drivers on your laptop. Check Solution 4 > Point 3 in this article for more help with this: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html

Once you've updated the GPU drivers, try enabling the GPU in Lightroom's preferences & let me know how it goes.
Thanks! Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the Lightroom community. I'll help you figure this out.

You've taken the first step to pinpoint why the issue occurs. Try updating the GPU drivers on your laptop. Check Solution 4 > Point 3 in this article for more help with this: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html

Once you've updated the GPU drivers, try enabling the GPU in Lightroom's preferences & let me know how it goes.
Thanks! Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, so far that seems to have resolved it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines