• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom is syncing my camera roll without permission

New Here ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my mobile phone (iOS), Lightroom is syncing my camera roll.  I have confirmed that Import=>Auto Add is off.  Yet is still syncs.   This is very disturbing.    Is there another setting hidden somewhere that I must set?

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @scottl98550281 

I just tried, and I cannot reproduce any trouble here.  I'm only seeing Lightroom iOS import when LR Settings > Import > Auto Add From Camera Roll is enabled, or when when I manually select and import images from my camera roll.

Is it possible you have iCloud Photos sync enabled, and you have another device like an iPad or another phone that mirrors what is captured on your main phone... And that device has Lightroom installed with auto-import enabled?  That's the only scenario I can imagine other than having auto-add from camera roll enabled on your very same phone where new images get added automatically to your Lightroom app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the following: You can set a single album to auto-import from the Camera Roll, and I believe that even works if the general auto-import option is turned off. Do these images import into a specific album? If so, then that is probably what happened. Tab on the three dots behind the album name. Is 'Auto add from device photos' perhaps turned on?

IMG_3336.jpeg

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check the following: You can set a single album to auto-import from the Camera Roll, and I believe that even works if the general auto-import option is turned off. Do these images import into a specific album? If so, then that is probably what happened. Tab on the three dots behind the album name. Is 'Auto add from device photos' perhaps turned on?

By @JohanElzenga

If that option is enabled for a specific album, I think it will automatically (and silently) enable the global Auto-add option on the Settings>Import tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines