• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom is taking 20GB or memory in my iPhone, how can I stop it?

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My iPhone is full , iphone storage list Lightroom as the biggest app with about 20GB as document and data .

how can I delete the locally stored docs and data and leave everything in the cloud storage without loosing mybpjotoes and videos?

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Assuming that you have an Adobe cloud subscription, make sure that "Only Download Smart Previews" is enabled on the Cloud Storage & Sync tab of the Lightroom Settings.

Then make sure that your sync status is up-to-date, i.e. when you tap on the cloud icon it shows "Synced and Backed Up", then try the Clear Cache option on the Settings>Local Storage tab. 

That should reduce the footprint on the phone to as small as it can reasonably be. But do you have any albums for which you've selected the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming that you have an Adobe cloud subscription, make sure that "Only Download Smart Previews" is enabled on the Cloud Storage & Sync tab of the Lightroom Settings.

Then make sure that your sync status is up-to-date, i.e. when you tap on the cloud icon it shows "Synced and Backed Up", then try the Clear Cache option on the Settings>Local Storage tab. 

That should reduce the footprint on the phone to as small as it can reasonably be. But do you have any albums for which you've selected the "Store Locally" option? That obviously has an impact on how much space is used. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another option you can use to reduce space is the [Clear Cache] found in Settings>Local Storage.  Not knowing how dire your storage situation is, you may want to consider this as well. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines