• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom local catalog damage

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive been locked out of Lightroom for a few months now, trying to fix the "local catalog damaged" error. I have followed the instruction provided to try and fix this, to no avail. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software twice, with no result. At this point, i dont even care about restoring the photos lost in the damaged catalog, i would really just rather restart the software and start fresh. Is there any way I can either fix the catalog (that works), or just refresh the Lightroom software? Thanks

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please state the exact version number of your Lightroom. Please state the exact complete unedited word-for-word error message. Please state what exact steps you tried when you tried to fix this.

Uninstalling/re-installing will not fix catalog problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NGL version: 1.28.0.8

Lightroom version: 5.2x64

Error: Local Catalog Damaged: you can fix this problem by restoring from your cloud backup. For instructions, please click the "learn more" link below.

I followed this guide, deleting preview and other required files, copying originals to desktop, and launching Lightroom. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are in the wrong forum. You are using Lightroom and not Lightroom Classic. You need to post your questions in the Lightroom (ecosystem) forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes deleting the local library cache (the 'Local Catalog') can fix the problem.
If all photos have not finished syncing to the cloud - back them up before deleting the local
cache.
To reset the local cache, delete the following files :
Windows—C: \ Users \ [your username] \ AppData \ Local \ Adobe \ Lightroom CC \
Data \
Mac—Macintosh HD / Users / [username] / Pictures / Lightroom Library.lrlibrary
When you next open Lightroom, it will create a new local cache from the cloud.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Rob, I will try this and let you know if it works. I appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines