• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom mac (cloud) library file too large despite deleting photos

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2023 Apr 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, hope someone might be able to help me.

I am using lightroom (cloud based version) on mac and I noticed that the library became quite large (100gb). I wanted to free up space on my hard drive, so i deleted hte majority of my photos and only about 26gb of pictures remain in lightroom now. Despite that the Ligtroom Library file still remains at around 100gb. The weird thing is, that if I try to open the file ("show package contents") the files add up to around 30gb, which seems appropriate to the current size of the library. Does anyone know how do I access and possibly delete the rest?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

You can determine to a certain extent how much space the Lightroom Library uses within Lightroom's Preferences:

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/lightroom-cc/using/preferences.html

You can also try to Clear the Cache.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can determine to a certain extent how much space the Lightroom Library uses within Lightroom's Preferences:

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/lightroom-cc/using/preferences.html

You can also try to Clear the Cache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2023 Apr 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help, I tried this already and it did not help unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2023 Apr 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can count this as resolved. There was some kind of issue, where the size of my Lightroom library file would not change despite deleting photos, but everything seems to be working again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines