• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom - Missing Edit Settings

Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2018 Oct 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I edit my photos on both desktop and mobile versions of Lightroom CC, often starting on my iPad and finishing once I get back to my Mac.

For a past few months I've been having issues with edit settings not reliably synching between the two. When I open a previously edited photo on the Mac, it would often be displayed in original form with no settings applied and once I switch to edit mode I would get an Waiting for Settings error in the side panel. The photo will be stuck like this until i find the same photo on the iPad and change something in order to force edit settings to sync. This helps for a bit but again it's not reliable: while I'm editing a photo on the Mac it can randomly go in to Waiting for Settings mode while I'm still editing it and essentially lock me out of this photo until I fix it though the iOS app. I lose any changes I just made on the Mac too. It would get stuck like this over and over until I give up.

All this makes it quite a pain to do anything in Lightroom CC. Has anyone else had this problem? What would be potential steps to fix it?

I'd really appreciate some help, thank you!

Screenshot 2018-10-07 at 23.49.21.png

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone , iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must add that there are no syncing errors being reported and Lightroom CC on the Mac stays synched and backed up.

Screenshot 2018-10-08 at 20.35.01.png

Sometimes if I come back to a previously edited photo on the Mac I can see that edit settings have been reverted to a previous arbitrary point in time and definitely not at the point where I last edited the photo. There must be some kind of synching conflict going on or an issue with Adobe's cloud service where it gets confused what version of the photo is the latest. But my attempts to troubleshoot this so far have been fruitless.

I'm using all the latest versions of Abobe Lightroom CC on the Mac and iOS.

Screenshot 2018-10-08 at 20.42.59.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like other people have had this issue at least from July this Summer and I've been experiencing it from June-July too. I've contacted Adobe yesterday via chat but didn't go quite far and I'm not sure they entirely understood exactly what's happening.

Would be nice to hear from Adobe something concrete or at leats some ideas how to troubleshoot this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any problems or messages when viewed at Photo Editor | Online Photoshop Lightroom

(assume software on all devices is up to date)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ivan. Could you do me the favour and send me a Lr CC Desktop diagnostic log  - best as a private message with a downloadable dropbox link when you run in to such an issue again?

You can trigger the log via Lr CC Desktop preferences -> Account  and when you hold down the alt key you will notice a generate diagnostic log button.

-

Lr Mobile QE

Guido

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2018 Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guido,

I've sent you a private message with a link to the log. It's a long file but it looks like there are some lines that may be relevant:

NiDevelopModel: no dev settings available for maybeRememberCameraProfileIdPair

WFCatDevelopSettings: Failed to fetch xmp_develop settings for asset 30785: "SendNoDownloadableXmpDevelop"

PixelProviderDocstoreInfoTask: external develop settings unavailable, using default render settings for 27690    

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guido, I've sent you a reply 3 weeks ago. Have you had a chance to review it? The issue still occurs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We identified the issue o the Lr Mobile side and this will be most probably fixed with out next update. Stay tuned.  - Guido/ Lr Mobile QE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I have the same issue after doing edits to 57 photos on an iPad and going to the desktop to finalize in Photoshop.

I cannot open the pictures in Photoshop of any desktop computer (tried laptop and desktop, both win10) and I'm running close to deadline.

The pictures load correctly in web and I tried deleting the Lightroom files in Appdata, loading the library again from the cloud. Did minor edits in web to try and fix the issue to no avail.

This only happens with pictures edited in the LR iPad version.

Nothing has worked.

Is there any workaround?

Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me going back to the iPad, doing minor edits, waiting for it to sync, hitting pause sync under cloud icon and then resuming again, going back to the image grid and back to the image over and over would eventually get desktop Lightroom to download correct settings.

It's a hit and miss and unreliable but should work. Good idea then perhaps to copy all the edits on the desktop and then either reset the image to original and paste the settings back, or duplicate and work on the duplicate. In my experience if the image is having this error it will continue to do so. So reseting it or making a duplicate works around it.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guido, thank you for getting back to me!

However I'm a little disappointed that this is still an issue. I've been experiencing it for about ½ a year. Before posting here I've contacted Adobe chat support and was told the same - it will be fixed in the next version. Since then there were 2 updates, including a major one from 3.4.0 to 4.0 and the issue still occurs. So I am really not sure when is the fix coming.

This is not a free tool, I'm paying £20 for it monthly and I'm really concerned that keep paying and waiting is the only constructive solution Adobe can offer here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is October of 2020 and this issue from 2018 has still not been resolved. Has anyone found a cause or solution to this error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's now nearly October 2021 and this issue is still present.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

6 months since last update on this thread and I just ran into this issue as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue now between my iPhone and my MacBook Pro. I left it while I went out for a few hours and when I got home it was still sitting there.

16532742726182026324223541417438.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

July 2022 and I'm having this issue on iPad and iPhone. Haven't tried my Mac yet because I'm already too frustrated. 😃 I just finished editing probably the best pictures I have EVER taken and edited. I was simply going back through them to make sure I didn't miss any details while editing, and now half of them are giving me this error. 🙂🙃 Extremely frustrating after I just sat here for hours working on them and was literally moments away from delivering the images. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. very very frustrrated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2022 Oct 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot_20221009-181848_Lightroom.png

 Pls I need help I don't understand this error message and I have research online about the issue but there is little or no info about it 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this same issue.

I rarely use LRCC because of a lot of little experience-breaking issues like this one, but I do use it on my phone to take quick pictures that I edit later on desktop. Yesterday, I took and edited a photo on my android 8.0 phone, but the changes won't sync to LRCC - it keeps saying "waiting for settings", and it visually is obviously still the original photo (crop settings are easily noticeable as original)

I am using the latest versions of all software. LRCC doesn't get any of the edits, LRCC Classic doesn't see it at all, but LR Online sees it just fine with the latest edits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2018 Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

selondon​ When viewing the same photo on lightroom.abobe.com I get blank thumbnail/preview and the following error: Sync has not finished for file “DJI_0040.DNG”. Open Lightroom on MacBook Pro to continue syncing. Added on 5/23/18.

Screenshot 2018-11-03 at 16.59.54.png

But when I go back to my Mac as instructed I still see the Waiting for settings error.

Screenshot 2018-11-03 at 17.00.06.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same 'waiting for settings' error.  Really frustrating as a lot of changes involving hours of work are not present.  This has happened with several images recently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, did you ever fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know how to fix this, been having the issue for days, tech support are no help as they dont know what the issue is they say.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming you have the same issue as original reported (unsynced Mac edits that are stuck), if you go back and select the "Reset" on your Mac here and make a new edit, you may be able to recover the original edit.  (That is, the "Reset" is not actually done as the changes are local)  We are seeing that this approach is working with some internal testing.   We are also looking at making changes to avoid this issue in the future.

There is not another workaround identified, so hoping this works for you.  Please let us know.

-Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was incredibly vague, confusing and unhelpful. Both my Mac and iPad say all my edits are up to date synced with the green check mark on the cloud, nonetheless I am still getting that "Waiting for Settings" error.

For the price people are paying for these programs.. you would think after 4 years of multiple complaints that they would actually care to focus on fixing this issue that clearly hundreds of users have experienced throughout these years. Quite embarrassing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines