• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom mobile app on androidand smart previews

New Here ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I'm really confused about smart previews. I don't want to use them. I have the creative cloud subscription. 

My workflow.

Take photographs with Olympus OMD EM1 .orf raw files.

Upload to Android tablet in the Lightroom mobile app.

Edit raw files and save. 

Send raw shots to printers.

Recently I've noticed when the cloud icon syncs and saves it says 'syncing smart preview '

This has me confused. I don't want to sync or make any of my shots as a smart preview. I only want to edit the full res shot. After syncing it also says download smart preview. From or to where? I don't understand. 

Any detailed but simplified language help would be most welcome.

Thank you. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are you uploading the raw files FROM? To clarify, are you synchronizing from Lightroom Classic or are you importing the images directly to the tablet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Workflow

.orf files taken with Olympus OM D EM1. 

Memory card from camera via card reader straight into Lightroom Mobile for Android on a tablet (albeit high memory space and ram).

I'm confused about whether I'm editing original sized files or not and when the software saves it mentions smart previews. I can't find anywhere in the help files that mentions this is the mobile edition. Only the PC Lightroom classic version. Therefore i can't find anywhere to switch off the previews if in fact the software is actually reducing the files. I

Thanks for your time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines