Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Lightroom Mobile failing to import photos saved from Instagram

Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S9 and the Lightroom Mobile app on my phone has been updated to v6.4.0 — which, if I'm not mistaken, is the latest version of the app.

Everything was working fine before. However, as of today (27/08/21), I receive the error "Photos failed to import" whenever I try to import photos saved from Instagram.

I have tried logging out and back into the app, as well as clearing the app's cache, but nothing has worked so far. This issue currently only occurs with photos from Instagram; I'm still able to import other photos successfully.

I haven't encountered this over the past few years of using Lightroom Mobile. Is there a way to resolve this problem?

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, sorry you're having trouble. I was not able to reproduce this issue. Would you please post the specific steps you took including screenshots or a screen recording? 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2021 Aug 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Here are 2 screen recordings of both a failed and succesful import.

As seen in the video of the failed import (Lightroom-Issue_Failed-Import), the image I selected is saved from Instagram. Whereas in the video of the successful import (Lightroom-Issue_Successful-Import), the image is taken with my own camera app.

Really hope there's a way to fix this issue! 

Thank you 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell us what version of Instagram you are using?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using version 202.0.0.37.123

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anche io ho lo stesso problema! 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Salve a tutti! 

Ho un problema con l'app di Lightroom nell'importazione di alcune foto.

Se importo foto fatte dalla fotocamera, me le Importa tranquillamente. Se le. Importo da una foto fatta da una storia instagram (fatto fino a un mese fa) mi dice importazione foto non corretta e ovviamente non mi carica nulla.

Qualcuno può dirmi cosa devo fare e quale è il problema?

Grazie ❤️

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would either of you be willing to provide a diagnostic log so our developers can investigate further? If so, please send it to lrreview@adobe.com  

Steps to generate Log File:
1. Open Lr Mobile settings
2. Long press the "Lr" icon at the top left
3. Tap "Send Feedback"
4. Wait for email client to open to complete

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I've just sent in a diagnostic log to the email you've stated. Thank you for your help!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come posso risolvere il problema? 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@default64ewcgrbhnsi  You can send us a diagnostic log using the instructions listed above.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hola me esta pasando lo mismo. Como soluciono? 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines