• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom mobile Importing photos with filters

Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2022 Apr 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For whatever reason, any time I import any photo from my camera into LT mobile on my Android it is coming up looking filtered, even though I haven't done any editing to the photo yet. It is pink hue and cyan blues for whatever reason and there doesn't seem to be a fix for it. Help?? 

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 01, 2022 May 01, 2022

I also have auto-update installed. But I updated the program manually using the galaxy store. strange, but there was no update in google play. Perhaps a manual update will help You. After the update everything worked. thank you all very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2022 Apr 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same problem after the last update of lightroom mobile. this happens when importing photos with .heic extension. there is no such problem when importing jpeg. can anyone suggest a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2022 May 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a bug that's been fixed in the last few days, you might not have had the update yet: https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw-bugs/p-incorrect-default-color-rendering-on-heic-files-ios...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My phone auto updates any apps and it still has the bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have auto-update installed. But I updated the program manually using the galaxy store. strange, but there was no update in google play. Perhaps a manual update will help You. After the update everything worked. thank you all very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my god thank you so much! Same thing the google play store didn't recognise there were any updates and I just did it manually and it works! Life saver!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Victoria,

I have a very similar bug, but with Samsung/Android heic-files:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/color-management-discussions/heic-files-imported-with-wrong-colours-s...

Could you please try to help me?

Whom to report that bug?

Thank you very much, indeed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Daniel. See the "correct answer" in that linked thread. The fix has been already been pushed to iOS and Android but has yet to be released on the desktop versions. Shouldn't be too long. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish you were right, but the latest version in google play store is from April 27th...

My only option is waiting for that fix.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're still seeing it in the 27 April release? Existing photos or new ones too? It's possible there's an additional bug here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, still seeing the wrong colours in old AND new heic files.
Exception: previously edited heic files look normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the best way to deal with it? Could you dis-merge / divide my question from this threat, then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@daniel_munich see if it's maybe this one instead? https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-ecosystem-cloud-based-discussions/p-lightroom-in-app-camera...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, this is not my problem.

Our Samsung Phones are S10 and Note 10+ 5G. DNG photos are not affected, working normally.

The HEIC files look normal with all non-Adobe products.

And also the heic photos in our catalogue are affected, although lightroom treated them correctly until April.

Interesting: All previously edited (manual, not automatic) heic photos still look normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@daniel_munich To clarify then... you're seeing this issue on your Android with brand new photos? And your Android is updated to version 7.3.1? 

Affecting Classic is a known issue that will be fixed in the next release, and there was a note about old ones on Android too: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-ecosystem-cloud-based-discussions/lrm-updates-released-for-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly, it still happens.

I'm using Lightroom 7.3.1 on Android Smartphone Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, my wife Samsung Galaxy S10.

My example picture was from May 15th, it still happens today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk Flohr: Photography are you tracking any other reports like Daniel's?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is fixed in Android 7.3.1 - I've seen no other reports about this specific issue. If Daniel, could post an image for viewing that illustrates the problem, it might help. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I attached the comparison.

My original was merged into the wrong thread (regarding iOS panorama heic files).

There are more Reports about this after April 27:

Link

This was my initial post:

"

On our Samsung phones (S10 and Note 10+ 5G) we switched to the heic file format, as soon as lightroom supported these pictures (spring 2020).

Since then, we have almost 10.000 heic pictures in our collection, including invaluable memories of our family, safari/travel and so on. We manage over 150.000 private pictures with lightroom and we are very dependend on it.

As I said, everything was fine until April this year. With one of the (automatic) updates there must have been a change in how lightroom handles the colors of heic files. During the import process the colours are completely messed up (see example attached, original heic file: https://we.tl/t-kwaKMKeGxq).

This happens with Lightroom mobile under Android, with Lightroom classic under Windows 11 and with Lightroom CC.

If I open the same file on our phones or on the PC with Windows photo viewer, irfanview or any other app, the colours are fine.

Interestingly, it doesn't only affect new imported files, but also ALL our previous heic files, and these had normal colours until recently.

Please have a look what happened, fix that terrible bug and save our memories!

Thank you very much, indeed!"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was not merged into the wrong thread.
There is a single bug (Camera Raw-based) that affected iOS and Android both.  Both are now fixed.  (As is Lightroom Web)

Lightroom Classic, Lightroom Desktop and Camera Raw are not yet fixed but will be fixed in an upcoming release.

If you are editing files on your phone/tablet and are up to date, the files should render correct. If you sync to Lightroom Classic, Desktop or Camera Raw, you will reintroduce the incorrect rendering and sync it back to your device. Until updates are released for the desktop clients, you will need to limit your editing to your mobile apps or revert to a previous version of Lightroom Classic.

I hope that helps explain what you are seeing. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, it's right, I tested it. As long as I switch off syncing, it's fine in Lightroom mobile. 

So I just wait for the next Update for Lightroom Classic.

Please allow one more question:

Will everything be fine after the update or will I have to work on all those heic photos then to bring them back to normal?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines