• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Mobile Premium - Not Linked to Desktop App?

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks,

I signed up to the premium account on my mobile and it gives me access to cloud storage and some extra features over the free version.

I thought when I had signed up to a cloud account that I would then be able to sign in on the desktop app and then also have access to the premium features there and the could storage. But, this doesn't appear to be the case, it wants me to create another premium account on the desktop.

I can't get chat support on this stupid website either, just not showing for me.

So, if I have mobile premium do I not have the premium for the desktop?

And, if I sign up for the premium on the desktop does this give me premium on the mobile app?

Cheers,

Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you signed up for the Premium service on LrMobile, that does NOT include the desktop version. Instead, there are two desktop subscription plans, both of which also includes full LrMobile use:

1. The Lightroom Plan: includes the Lightroom Desktop app, 1TB of cloud storage space, and LrMobile on various smartphones and tablets. 

2. The Photography Plan: includes Lightroom Classic, Photoshop, Lightroom Desktop, LrMobile. plus 20GB cloud space.

It sounds like you need to upgrade your existing premium plan to one of the other 2 plans, but you can't do that from this web-site (this is just a user-to-user forum). Instead, contact Adobe at the official adobe web-site for your country (www.adobe.com for the US) and use the Contact form there (there should also be a chat icon lower right of the screen).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect, thanks Jim.

I will cancel this mobile plan and then take a look at one of those other ones.

Have a good day 👍🏻

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just though I'd add to this as I've had the same problem - however I found if you open lightroom on a Web browser, not through the desktop app, and sign in with your mobile details it appears to work! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, the web portal is available with all subscription plans, including the premium LrMobile plan. It's good for troubleshooting sync issues, as it's a direct view into your actual cloud account, and it's also very good for album sharing as it has some features not available to any other Lightroom apps. However, it's a bit more limited in regard to the available editing tools in comparison to the other apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines