Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Mobile "Updating - needs to do some housekeeping..."

Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When I open Lightroom Mobile on my iPad, I get the "Updating... Lightroom needs to do some housekeeping..." and spinner that stays onscreen for hours.

My first instinct is to RE-INSTALL LIGHTROOM. There is a warning that erasing Lightroom also erased "data." Am I putting any of my photos at risk?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Johnruexp 

Before anything else, I recommend you first make a full iTunes/iCloud backup of your device so you can also restore today's files and apps on your device.

Then, I would next recommend some less dramatic troubleshooting steps before re-installing the app.

Does it help to simply force-quit the app and relaunch it?  

If you are a paid subscriber, do you see your most recent imports and edits in if you visit the Lightroom web app at https://lightroom.adobe.com/ ?  

Does it help to sign out and sign back in again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somewhat ironically, my iPad has been telling me for weeks now that it can't back up. It successfully updated to the latest OS yestreday, but no change in how LR is acting.

I'm going to force -quit a few times.

I'm assuming, since I don't do my main work on LR mobile, that I could just reinstall the app and let the cloud repopulate the app once I sign in (no images are exclusively on the iPad - my iMac is home base).

Does that seem right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"my iPad has been telling me for weeks now that it can't back up."

I can't speak to that.. Best to look to Apple Support for help with that.  Doing a backup now would be ideal just so you have the option to restore everything to the same state, files et all, that you have on the device today.

My concern is Lightroom on your iPad may not be synced completely.  If you are confident that Lightroom Mac has all your latest imports, edits etc from your iPad, then yes, check if re-installing the iPad app helps overcome that error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE:

After looking at another IOS device (my iphone) to ensure that any changes/edits I made on my iPad LR collections were refelcted there (via cloud), I deleted and re-installed Lightroom on my iPad. It re-populated almost instantly - all is good.

IPad still gives me the "can't back up" warning, but that's another issue for another day.

Thanks for all your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bad news update. After a day of functioning fine, I get the "needs to do some housekeeping" message again. 

rats. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John, I'll send you a direct message to request additional info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you able to see an answer in the material I sent back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Johnruexp 

I did not catch any diagnostic report from you.  Was it sent from the same email address you use to post on this forum?

I would ask you try sending me another report but before that, please update to the latest LRMI 6.2 release that is now live.  If you search in the App Store app for "Lightroom," and open the listing, you should see the option to update.  Does this newer app version resolve your issue?  If not, please do send in another diagnostic log.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Charlie,

Looks like a glitch may have interrupted my diagnostic that I thought I sent.

Here’s what I did just now:

• Restarted, because it wouldn’t let me into the App Store.
• The iPad needed me to re-sign in to everything after it had restarted.
• NO LIGHTROOM UPDATE WAS OFFERED in my update notice (about 12 other apps were ready to update, however)
• HOWEVER - when I went to the App Store, there was suddenly an UPDATE button on LIGHTROOM
• After THAT particular Lightroom update, it opened with an “Updating…” window and an encouraging progress line.
• I was able to log in and now I have Lightroom functioning!

So far, so good. If it glitches again, I will certainly let you know.

Thanks for your help!

John Michlig
{contact info removed by moderator to protect privacy}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines