• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Mobile RAW rendering issue – artifacts in transition area between colors

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I discovered out that LR Mobile on my iPad does not properly render the gradient transition between different colors in RAW images. 

Attached are three screenshots of identical raw file in Loupe module from LR Mobile(iPad), LR desktop(Mac) and LR Classic(Mac). 

LR_Mobile.jpeg

LR_desktop.jpeg

LR_Classic.jpeg

   

As you can clearly see, there's a sort of halo around the green spots among the blue water. And I observed very similar issues with other RAW files. 

IMG_99468670905B-1.jpeg

IMG_DE4D2C9F5778-1.jpeg

IMG_265F22B710D7-1.jpeg

  

It seems in most cases this haloing mostly occurs around a transition between green/yellow regions and a blue region, in the blurred background. 

I could not reproduce such issues with JPEG image files.

This issue carries onto the files Lightroom Mobile exports: It's visible in TIFFs tossed to Photoshop Mobile or JPGs. 

Also this issue has been around for quite some time, I remember noticing a very similar phenomenon last winter. 

Some tech specs: 

Used device : iPad Air 4th gen(iOS 14.7.1)

Used software: Lightroom Mobile for iPad(v 6.4.0 43023A/60)

Used camera : Sony a7iii (.ARW file)

TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If Lightroom on your iPad is loading these images from cloud storage, you are probably working with "smart preview" copies of your images.  

If you select one of the images that doesn't look right, open it in the Edit mode, and then tap on the cloud icon and choose "Get this original" ...does this help to view/edit the original image?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines