Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Mobile sync issue to Lightroom Classic

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2022 Apr 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I am looking for some help.  I use classic for my storage and orginization as well as culling and importing.  I sort into collections and sync to my ipad for editing.  I love this workflow and is a major reason for using these apps.  Over the past 1-2 weeks I have noticed that randomly some photo edits will not sync from my ipad to my computer.  I do very little editing on my desktop so it is not an issue of editing both prior to syncing.  There is also no pattern I can find with the selection of photos that do not sync.  All photos have smart previews showing, files are locatable on the external harddrive, wifi connection is strong, and internet speed is fast.  It is not camera based, or age based, or even day based.  I have had 30-40 edits from one day sync with 4 not syncing to classic.  The syncs do show up across different devices, and even Lightroom CC desktop.  I have found suggestions to delete sync data and start again.  I am hesitant to do this as I do not want to lose a years worth of edits and information.  

Anyone have this happen to them? How was it fixed? What will I lose if I delete the sync data? should I do ipad first? Classic first? 

Thanks

Eric

TOPICS
iPadOS , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2022 Apr 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I have noticed this too. It seems to happen when I back out of the iPad too quickly or without exiting the image. I think it then simply doesn't sync the change up to the cloud. You can try deleting the sync data (shouldn't make you lose data) but in my experience, nothing helps with this. It is just sluggish with uploading edits from Lightroom mobile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jao vdL this is correct, sync will only occur once you leave the edited image.
"The back out of the iPad too quickly" is harder for me to understand what you mean.
Does it mean leaving loupe after edits? 
If you restart the app, does the sync complete without issues?

@ericc42034085 it would help if you could create a diagnostic log next time you notice this issue, or put the images in a forDebug album for us to investigate further.
Diagnostic log can be triggered over this link: adobelightroom://app/diagnostic/log

thanks,
Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you close out of the app and shut the iPad screen off it usually doesn't actually sync all the changes you made. You typically need to move out of zoomed in mode on the image you are working on and move to another image before Lightroom syncs changes up to the cloud. This is confusing to many people

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines