• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom not recognising listed camera

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camera raw plug in for Lightroom [both up-to-date] doesn't recognise the Canon G9 CR2 images, but Adobe's list of cameras covered includes the G9, G9x & G9x mk2.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exact version of Lightroom are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"About Lightroom Classic" describes it as being Release 10.11 with Camera Raw 13.1 & my Photoshop reports 22.2.0 with 13.10.658.   Creative cloud reports all as being "up to date".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In which case your raw files should be recognised. So tell us a bit more about what happens when you try to import them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The .CR2 files are on a local server and indexed in Lightroom. Library can correctly read metadata details [Camera - "Canon PowerShot G9", Aperture, Lens - "7.4-44.4mm"] but Develop, Lens Corrections, Enable Profile Corrections fails to identify the camera.
If I select Canon in the dropdown then it lists the various Canon EF lenses.
I attach a sample G9 .CR2 file with its associated .xmp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The lens profile for the G9 is already built in and applied automatically. It tells you that at the bottom of the lens correction panel, and when you click on the "i" icon in front of the "Built-in Lens Profile Applied" message you'll get the Info panel display.

G9.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I am getting "Unable to locate a matching profile automatically"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So can you post a screenshot of the Lens Correction panel in Lightroom Classic (use the Insert Photos link at the top of the reply box).

It would also be helpful to upload the actual CR2 file that you are using (you only uploaded the XMP sidecar earlier, which is no good without the actual image).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. I seem not to understand how to upload a phototo the community.  If I drag and drop from explorer, the boarder aroind the drag and drop window becomes a dashed red line.  If I try from the Lightroom ribbon, I get a solid green line but nothing else seems to happen.  The pic I am trying to send was auto named by the G9 asIMG_0041.CR2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the image uploads. Having looked further into the issue it would appear that the original G9 does NOT have any "built-in" or Adobe lens profile (it seems that Adobe only started lens profile support from the G10 onwards). Apologies for the confusion earlier, it seems that when I tried to download some G9 raw files to check, the files were actually from the G9X, which does have a built-in lens profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jim.  Does that mean the G9 is not supported by CameraRaw?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, full raw support is fine (i.e. you can import and process raw files from that camera), it's just that there is no lens profile for that particular camera/lens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for clarifying this.  When lens correction is beneficial with the G9, I shall have to resort to DxO. 

Regards,  Sidney.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines