Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Off the cloud forever!

Explorer ,
Oct 02, 2021 Oct 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I come to the forum because it is impossible to contact support by email ... at the price we pay is ABUSE !! They should take their example from amazon at adobe! In addition I do not speak English at all so my message will be translated on google with misunderstandings.

I use lightroom and it always wants me to sync my photos, even when I deactivate the cloud it reactivates it on its own after certain updates.

Today I wanted to open photos and the software told me that it didn't have them on my computer, it had to be syncronized ...

How can I stay 100% in control of these photos, not having syncronization and always having all my photos on my computer, I want the RAWs to ALWAYS stay on my computer and never use the cloud.

Thank you for your help.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Switch to Lightroom Classic.

Never done it, not sure how easy it is; and how much information is lost in the transition.

The two products sort of work together, but not well.

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes that's an idea, but I hate the interface of Lightroom classic ... it looks like software from the year 2000.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a few choices.

1. Use Lr Mobile for Free on a single device. Nothing is synced to the cloud, and Adobe provides no services.

2. Use Lr and everything is synced to the cloud.

3. Use Lr Classic and you get partial syncing to the cloud, you can pick and choose what images are synced, but not what features. This allows for local storage, externally to the cloud.

4. Pick a different software

Now pick your poison. 🙂

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you, you have lots of ideas, too bad to have to find derivative solutions when you use software so expensive.

1 - I already buy the $ 59 version, I should buy another license ...
2 - My cloud is already full and it will force me to country more or to find myself with my problem that some find more on my computer. and I live in a motorhome for a tour of Europe, I use a 4g package for the internet (is not ilimited)
3 - it seems to be the solution ... although it forces me to waste time to be comfortable with this software.
4 - I have luminar 4 but I find it very slow ... to see what a newer version gives but it still requires paying.

It's still crazy not to have an ON / OFF button for the cloud.

Thank you very much for the solutions and your time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to use nails, then get a hammer, not a screwdriver.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines