• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom on Ipad missing crucial features!

Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2019 Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I just bought myself an Ipad pro in the hopes of getting a more mobile workflow for my editing work... Looks like it was a bad purchase because of Adobe 😞

First missing feature:

Ipad version of the Lightroom is missing "Auto Mask" on the brush tool which means that even if I use the apple pen it's more difficult to get my selections in. 

Here is the checkmark on the desktop version:

Automask on desktop.PNG

And here is where it should be in the Ipad version:

20191123_221708.jpg

Second missing feature:

.. adding to the previous the "auto show red overlay" never shows the red overlay on the selection when I'm actually painting it in so I can't see what I'm doing. The way to fix this is to add a color to your selection so that you are actually painting red in. You only have a selection to "auto show" which doesnt show the overlay on my ipad and "never show" which is plretty self explanitory. On my device they both work the same way.

Third missing feature:

Noticed that when you for example use the details tool to mask your sharpness setting you can't actually see the mask like you can on the desktop by pressing ALT or OPTION on mac.

On some of the sliders it works on the Ipad that you press on the image with your finger and the mask shows up but NOT in all of the sliders that we need it to do so.

These are just 3 that I noticed after editing with the ipad version for 30 minutes. Also sadly noticed that local adjustments on the ipad version LAG just like they do on MAC and PC versions of lightroom... quess it's so hard to optimize on all the different platforms.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would love it so much if Adobe put the auto mask feature for brushing into the iPad. In the same predicament as you really struggling speed through my edits without auto mask when doing brush work.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines