Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Lightroom on iPadPro fails importing RAWs after 4 files

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a trip and import my Canon 5DM4 RAW files via card reader. The last few days this worked fine. Yesterday Lightroom failed to import directly from my 2nd CF card and failed after 20 or so files. So I copied them via files app onto the iPad and imported them then into Lightroom. This worked out. Today I tried the same workflow - files app -> copy files to folder -> Lightroom import - and expected to import the new files into Lightroom. This time after 4 files the import process stops, no mater what I do (kill & restart Lightroom). When I retried it: The same for files get imported and the process ends / fails whiteout an error message. When I manually select files certain files from the folder the import works.

(I installed the latesed update 6.4.0 via the AppStore)

TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @marcussuemnick 

Thanks for taking the time to report these details.  We're already aware of similar reports and are investigating a fix.  Can you share what iOS version you're running and device model your iPad Pro is?

For now, the workaround suggested is to first copy images to from camera cards to the iOS camera roll (not Files), and then import to LR from there.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking forward to see a bugfix and thx for sharing this workaround.

I'm using the latest iPadOS Version 14.7.1 and an iPadPrp 11" 2020 512GB model

From an UI perspective as a user it I would appreciate to get detailed information if an import process stops without 100% completion.

And abrupt stop without any feedback is really unsatisfying - even in the iOS/iPadOS ecosystem.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your suggestion makes sense, and I will forward it on to the engineering team.

Let me share another import/upload alternative that may be more efficient:

If you are a subscriber and can sync (not using the free app), and if you have a desktop computer where you can read your camera card, try our Lightroom web app to import and sync your camera images.

1. Sign into your same Lightroom account in a web browser at https://lightroom.adobe.com/ 

2. Once you are signed in, you can import your images from your SD Card or Mac hard disk.  Look for "+ Add Photos" or try drag and drop.  You can even create albums and drag and drop new imports directly into them.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines