• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Online - Sort Photos by Capture Time

Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want my photos to be in order by capture time in Lightroom Online. This is where I typically share my photos with people. I know I can sort by date and organize the photos like I want them, but I take photos of sports events and want them to be in order by time. And I do not want to sort 200 photos. My work flow is that I will download images to a folder on my desktop and upload to Lightroom Online. If anytone can help I would SOSOSO apprecaite it!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not following you here. You say you can sort by date, but you want them sorted by time....but in the Lightroom world sort by date is the same as sort by time. Or do you literally mean you want images that may have been taken over multiple dates to be sorted by the time of capture while ignoring the date of capture, e.g. a picture taken at 20.01 on day 1 would be listed after a picture taken at 20.00 on day 9? If so, that can't be done automatically in Lightroom, you would have to set a custom order manually.

In your workflow, where are you downloading the images from that you store on the desktop prior to uploading to Lightroom Online (I assume you mean the Lightroom Web application)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding. I appreciate it. It is actaully more basic which is why I am confused.

There is an option in Lightroom Online to choose between "Capture Date," "Custom Order," & "Reverse Order." When I chooses "Capture Date," my photos are not in order of time captured (they are all on the same date).  For example, I took photos of a soccer game and group photos after the game.  In "Capture Date" sort, the group shots are scattered seemly randomly in the batch of 89 photos. The victory series after a goal are not next to each other. I want them in the order taken.

My flow is to download desired images to a folder on my desktop, then upload these to the Lightroom Online Web application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My flow is to download desired images to a folder on my desktop, then upload these to the Lightroom Online Web application.

From where/what are you downloading the images? If the capture date sort is not producing the required order, the assumption is that the images do not contain the original capture time, which is why I'm asking where the images come from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please "download" some photos from your memory card to the folder that you normally use for your import.

Then open Finder and check the creation date and modification date of these files.

Is creation date correct or is it the date / time when you downloaded the photos to the folder?

If it is wrong you have 2 options.

A) Import directly from memory card

B) Use a tool like EXIF Renamer to set the correct time, it will read the EXIF data and correct date & time base on camera information.

Ralf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is an example.  I just shot a wedding, and I used two cameras.  (quicker than swapping lenses).  I imported the files into Lightroom off two seperate memory cards.  The File Names are all intermixed from both cameras, and I would like to see the images in chronological order, as I synced the camera clocks before the wedding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines