• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom option "edit in Photoshop" no longer working. Need help to fix it!

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys,

I'm using lightroom 4.2 and have recently discovered the following problem:

When I'm done editing in lightroom and I want to continue editing in photoshop everything works fine. Photoshop opens a copy and I can do my changes.

However, once I'm done editing in Photoshop I usually only hit "Option+s" to save the image and then switched back to Lightroom where I then found a copy of the Photoshop edited image in Lightroom again.

Now this doesn't work anymore and I cant figure out why. It is really disturbing my work flow since I manually have to reimport the edited images.

Could anyone make a guess on how I could fix this? Or what I'm doing wrong? I don't get it since I do everything the way I used to and it simpy won't work anymore!

Cheers guys,
Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the forum that is monitored by the engineering team there is this thread (which may have already been created by yourself).

If it isn't your thread then it's worth contributing to it as it may be a related issue:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-desktop-cloudbased/lightroom-desktop-edit-in-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

However, once I'm done editing in Photoshop I usually only hit "Option+s" to save the image and then switched back to Lightroom where I then found a copy of the Photoshop edited image in Lightroom again.

The correct keyboard shortcut for saving the edited image in PS is Cmd+S on a Mac, not Opt+S. Or just use File>Save.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, but I use Cmd+S to save the image (just mixed it up in my text above). But it still does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines