Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Password Sharing for a Project

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi community,

I have an old version of lightroom downloaded on an old laptop. I haven't used it in 2 years and I plan on signing up for the online version with cloud storage. I have lots of personal photos I want to organize into albums and clean up. I'm having a hard time motivating to do this. To me it is tedious. I am considering hiring someone to remotely help me do this. Is there a way to give them access to my account as a guest? Or perhaps I should ask what it the best way to allow them to access my account and help me with this project?

Thank you!

Brent

TOPICS
Web , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have some choices to make-

An "old version" is possibly a 'standalone' v5 or v6 perhaps.  In that case you may still have a local Catalog file. (eg. Lightroom Catalog.LRCAT)

Then you might subscribe to the Photography Plan 20GB so that you can install Lightroom-Classic and carry on using that Catalog (with a catalog upgrade that will happen when you 'Open' the old catalog in Lightroom-Classic).

Then start re-organising your photos and folders in the upgraded Catalog library.

FOLDER MANAGEMENT in Lightroom Classic

In the case that many of your folders have changed names, location, deletions, etc, AND you do not want to preserve any editing work done in the old catalog, you could create a new empty LrC Catalog and Import all your photos with the [Copy] or [Move] option selecting one of the 'new'  dated formats in the Destination Panel, and let LrC re-organize your photos for you- locally on a hard-drive.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/import-photos-video-catalog.html

If you confidently want to transition to the Cloud version of Lightroom (Preferably with the Lightroom Plan 1TB) then you would first just need to Import (Add) all your photos to the Lightroom Catalog so they move up to Cloud storage, and then use the Lr library to sort some photos into Albums.

It might be difficult to find a person to sort you out by an online connection, but the volunteers in this forum are always willing to help with answers. Local Camera Clubs often have keen members that use Adobe Apps.

COMPARE LIGHTROOM & LIGHTROOM-CLASSIC FEATURES

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rod, your reply is helpful. I do have a local Catalog file and my plan is to transition to the cloud version with 1TB. Fingers crossed the transition isn't too challenging.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Whoops, sorry for the typo Rob.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines