• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Pop Up Export Error

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone ever had this issue before? Probably within the last 6 months I've encountered this pop up happening when I try to export an album of images. In the past it's only been a small amount of images so I've just been going in and exporting each missing image individually and that was fine. But more recently it's been a large amount of images that would take me forever to find individually so I began to edit in Lightroom Classic but I love Lightroom Creative Cloud a lot better! I went back and exported the original gallery that gave me trouble and it exported fine this time. So I decided to try and use it to edit another gallery in there and this time there were even MORE images it "couldn't find." My cloud storage says it's synced and backed up and I have 1.2 TB free. I don't know what to do anymore. 

4F172B2F-65C9-4393-90DC-A804CA0EF253.jpeg

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom's Preferences>Local Storage tab, do you have "Store a copy of all originals" checked or unchecked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is unchecked 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, have a look at the Info panel for a few of the images that are in the album that you're trying to export. At the bottom of the info panel, what does it report in the Sync Status section for "Local" - Smart preview or Original?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They all say original 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you done anything recently to the local originals store - changed it, or manually cleaned it out? The inference is that Lightroom thinks there's a local copy of the originals, which it therefore defaults to using when doing a local export, but then can't find them in the designated spot. 

You could try right-clicking on the album name and choosing "Store Locally", but that might not work either if it thinks they're already stored locally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't moved anything around since I loaded them on to my external hard drive. I loaded them into Lightroom last night and then finished editing this morning and tried to export. Could it be my external hard drive giving me an issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possibly....is it still connected to the system? Can you access the originals folder using Finder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I search the title of one of my images that is on my hard drive it doesn't pop up. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, it might be on your system drive. In the Lightroom desktop app's Preferences>Local Storage tab, what is the location specified at the bottom for the "Storage Location for originals"? When you import new images from any source (memory card or hard drive), Lightroom copies those images into it's own folder structure within that specified location....so check that location. If it's still at default settings that means it'll be buried deep within the Lightroom Library.lrlibrary package in your user Pictures folder. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It says it's in that user folder Library.lrlibrary! What should I change this to? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don't change it to anything just yet, we first need to establish the real position in respect of those originals that the Sync Status thinks are stored locally, but the Export function couldn't find. So have a look inside that Lightroom Library.lrlibrary to check....using Finder, right-click on the Lightroom Library (it'll be in your Pictures folder) and select "Show Package Contents", which will open the package to show you the folders and files within.

Top of the list should be a folder with an alpha-numeric 32 character name, expand that and you should see an "originals" sub-folder. Expand that and you should see a series of "year" sub-folders, and inside each of those will be a series of individually dated sub-folders (format yyyy-mm-dd). What you need to do is check the capture date on a couple of those images that didn't export (using the Info panel in Lightroom), then examine the relevant dated sub-folder to see if the original file is in there. Either way, something clearly isn't right, so we need to figure out what.

BTW, google "how to take screenshots on Mac"....it's simple, quicker, and much clearer for the viewer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines