Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Preset previews

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

this is a fairly basic question but one that I simply cannot seem to get a definitive answer on and would love to get some clarification. 

in Lightroom (latest version) when viewing the lists of presets, if you select a single preset and then hover over another preset option, is the view of the second preset option that is show on the photo, a view of the combined  effects of  both presets? Or is this simply showing the effects of the second preset over the original photo? 

I have read and watched the video tutorials but it mentions that presets can be combined. For my workflow I like to select one preset to see its effects but then be able to hover over another preset option so I can compare the differences between the two.  To me it seems it is only showing the effects of the second preset over the original photo, but I wanted to make sure my eyes were not deceiving me lol

any help would be really appreciated. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It depends!

If a Preset has been designed to adjust ALL adjustments- It WILL overwrite any and all previous edit adjustments (as many purchased presets will do!)

If a Preset has been designed with only one (or several) adjustments (as you might do yourself!)- then it will only over-write only the selected adjustments. Example: A preset with only 'Exposure' will not over-write 'White Balance' edits.

To compare Develop Presets- You can simply 'Preview' a Preset by hovering the mouse cursor over the Preset names.

If you want to apply Presets to the same image and compare then-

In Lightroom create a Version 'copy' of the image.

In Lightroom-Classic create a Virtual Copy.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines