• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom presets error

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, ive just changed to the new CC lightroom, currently using the trial. I have previously used lr5.7 and had presets loaded into this.

I have tried different methods to add my presets from LR5 to the CC version but get this error message as seen below. Any idea what needs doing differently? I've tried different unzipping instructions to no avail. Thank you.

errr.jpg

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The newer versions of Lightroom use different type of presets. Your old presets are still .lrtemplate presets that cannot be used. Lightroom Classic will simply convert them when you first open the catalog, but Lightroom desktop cannot. What you could do is install a trial copy of Lightroom Classic, and open your old catalog. LrC will ask you to upgrade it. That's OK, the upgrade will be a copy. After the upgrade is done and Lightroom Classic runs and shows the presets, you can import these into Lightroom desktop now. They will be located in C: \ Users \ [your username] \ AppData \ Roaming \ Adobe \ CameraRaw \ Settings

One thing to reconsider is this: maybe you are not fully aware of this, but the app now simply called 'Lightroom' that you are trying out is not the successor of the Lightroom you were using. It is a new application. If you want to continue to work with a version of Lightroom that is familiar to you and has all the options you are used to, then you should upgrade to Lightroom Classic, not to Lightroom.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you for your very prompt reply. I have installed LR classic and presets are there, I will see if I can send them to New LR.

Thank you for putting it so simply and being such a help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update.

So I still havent had any success finding a way to transport presets from LRclassic to LR desktop. It hasnt transfered the presets automatically.

Any help appreciated.

Simon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Simonrooke wrote:

Update.

So I still havent had any success finding a way to transport presets from LRclassic to LR desktop. It hasnt transfered the presets automatically.

It won't transfer presets automatically. Lightroom Classic does not sync presets or profiles. You will have to import the Lightroom Classic presets into Lightroom desktop yourself. Then these presets will sync to the cloud and to your mobile apps automatically.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And that means is necessary for you to first export the presets from LrC, and then import them to Lightroom from wherever you exported them to. There isn't that much handshaking between the two versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines