• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Lightroom Desktop: Ability to print

LEGEND ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We really need a "convenient" way to print.  Some of us still like to create prints to hang on a wall.  While I know the printing is still available in "classic", to be able to move forward with Adode, an integrated print function needs to be added to Lightroom CC.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 191 Replies 191
191 Comments
LEGEND ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes printing in Lightroom cloud is a must

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, please!  Printing is important to many of us out here, even in the digital wilds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been for some time editing only in the new cloud Lightroom, mainly from my iPad.

Then I bought a lovely Canon PRO-200 printer to print my photos, when I realised that the printing module was completely missing in this version of Lightroom, which took part of the joy of using the program with the printer, as I have now to export the image, then print, making the process more expensive (Harder to check colours, adjust the print...) and less fun.

I think it would be a great idea to bring the printing module from Lightroom Classic into the cloud version, at least some of the basic features to allow shipping the images the easiest way possible to print.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your Printer is local to your PC, not to the Adobe servers... I really doubt that this would be possible nor practical.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Printing capabilities similar to those in LrC are important. Photography is a hobby for me and the ability to produce printed photos in various layouts is important for giving photos to family and friends. Syncing with LrC is a workaround, but it introduces a lot of complexity.

I would be satisfied even if printing was not part of the iOS or Android offerings, just available on Lightroom Desktop. That would meet my needs and might make it easier for you to implement.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I print from Lightroom on Mac version 4.3? (not the classic version)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @iso25600 , 

Welcome to the community! Currently, a print feature is not available in Lightroom 4.3. However, you can add your vote to this feature request here: https://bit.ly/3gicFvs

You can print from Photoshop and Lightroom Classic. Here are a couple of links that may help. 🙂 

Let us know if this helps. 

Best, 

Careeeesa

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need the printer function, why was it removed from this version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Desktop has never had local Print capabilities. You are probably thinking of Lightroom Classic which has full-featured printing. 

Here is some additional information: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-feature-comparison.html 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Careeeesa,

Thank you for your reply. What I was really looking for was a way to print directly from Lightroom. I don't have Lightroom Classic or Photoshop included in my subscription...

It's very disappointing to be paying a subscription for a service and it doesn't include basic & ubiquitous functions like print...

Cheers,

Jamie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not tried it yet. but there is a connection to https://www.whcc.com/ which is hidden (at least on my machine) below sumgmug on the add connection panel.

Thye do professional printing, this may be an option to consider.

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, like many people, print photographs!  It is a shame that I can not do so from Lightroom (cloud-based).  Over and over for several years many of us have made a request for this crucial capability: Native printing from Lightroom.

Having to save and move and open other programs and then back again to print makes no sense.  Not everyone, I would guess, is only using Lightroom to create images to view on a computer.  I give prints to friends, I use them to make reference materials, I look at them myself.  My home is decorated with my own photographic prints, obviously not printed from Lightroom but only through an arduous process dictated by its absence.  Having a tangible print in hand is a satisfying experience.

PLEASE provide the ability to print a Lightroom image directly.  PLEASE!

I hope you are listening this time.

Brian Greig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you add your Upvote here please, as this is the main thread for this feature request:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-ecosystem-cloud-based-ideas/lightroom-desktop-ability-to-pr...

[Mod note - no need, thread merged]

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creating a contact sheet to proof to clients is probaby one of the most essential functions In my workflow... please create the ability to print collections to PDF in the Lightroom App it's frustrating to have to use 3rd party software when it seems this integration wouldn't be hard to implement...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lol I just spend 10 minutes to search the print module. Also, as a newcomer to the Adobe editing tools, it is hard to understand why there is even something like "Lightroom classic" and "Lightroom ecosystem". It just seems confused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are surely kidding everyone here that Adobe as a software giant could not figure out how to print photos from your mighty software.... You surely must be joking when you say "save the photo as a jpeg and then print from your favorite software". What the FUC****! are you collecting the $$ fees for??? Have you gone completely soft in your brains?? Can't you do anything right anymore??

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having bought a Canon Selphy I would very much appreciate being able to print without a computer and get the print I want rather than what the printer or AirPrint guesses that I want. In Lightroom Classic I have downloaded a template made by a youtuber to be able to print at the exact dimensions you need. Previous attempts through Canon's app and Lightroom on the Ipad resulted in stuff geting cropped. Sad really. We need the same module on the Ipad!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2022 Jan 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can you credibly have a top end photo software package that won't print? 
I have just realised this having migrated everything from Lightroom 6 and Apple into one system.
Adobe is either dismissive or out of touch. Neither looks good. Just ridiculous. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love LR Mobile. It's hugely functional for editing on the road, on a mountain top, in a van out in the middle of nowhere, without having to lug a laptop around. Posting to online or digital applications, screens, etc. works great. for printing? Not so much.

Regardless of the setting (max dimension, max quality) printing from Lightroom Mobile is largely useless. I upload directly from my SD card, photos shot on a Canon 5D MKIV, connected through an SD to Lightning adaptor straight to my iPhone 11 Pro. Files generally range in the 30mb+ size and are in raw format.
LR Mobile compresses the file and, when printing or exporting as a file, reduces it from ~30mb to around 600kb or just over 1 mb. It's perfectly fine for digital apllications, but printing is not useful -- the quality is just totally lost for any meaningful print. 
Secondly, although the photo and edits transfer through the cloud to my desktop application, it's still the reduced file size and the edits generally appear quite different on the Lightroom desktop version. 

Is there any work around for this? Any way to print high quality prints through the mobile app? 

Thanks in advance,

-Ryan

IG: ryan.mitchell.lives

VSCO: ryanmitchelllives 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its not convenient but with my Mac I got a link for the photo in Share, then opened it in Safari, went to print under File and printed at 50%. I am a painter and like to work from a printed photo not the computer screen sometimes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at this thread, the print feature has been a customer request for 5 years!  How can you not have added it by now?  I'm really disappointed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree! I don't understand why it isn't here - why should I have to work in another program for this function? I thought this was software dedicated to photo editing. No printing? No contact sheets? No watermarks? I don't see the logic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at this from a product owner perspective.

1. There is a work around available.

2. When looking at usage statistics, this actually is a low usage feature for the initial target market. e.g. I have probably printed images two, maybe three times in the last five years.

3. Cloud focused has major feature gaps compared to the well established and mature Classic application. Due to sync, you need to ensure the image development engines stay somewhat in parity. Therefore, how does this specific feature hold up in comparison to the other gaps? Reminder, there are finite resources, so not everything can be developed.

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I reply to this via email, does it get posted to the wider community?
I’m a bit of a novice at this.
Thanks

Andrew Noble

Sent from my iPhone so please excuse any typos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand from community posts that there was no printing in Lightroom in 2017, but is it still not in it? I keep searching but can't find anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate