• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom RAW to DNG conversion

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I convert my RAW library to DNG will I lose all of my Lightroom edits?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends on how you are planning to do the conversion. You've posted this question in the "Lightroom ecosystem" forum, which covers the cloud-centric Lightroom apps, and none of those apps has a Raw to DNG conversion function. All you could do in that case is either use the free stand-alone Adobe DNG Converter (runs on a desktop), which would lose the Lightroom edits, or you can export as DNG which would retain the edits but would mean you've duplicated your files and would have to import the exported DNGs back into Lightroom.

Lightroom Classic, however, does have an in-app Raw to DNG conversion option which would retain your edits and would replace the Raw files with the DNGs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The question is- WHY would you want to convert your raw files to another raw format?

There may be some benefits, but why?

DNG Pros, Cons and Myths

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines