• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom says "New Version Available," but then does nothing after clicking "Update"

Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have Lightroom version 4.2 on MacBook Air M1 w/ Big Sur OS. Every time I've opened it in the last couple of weeks I've been prompted to start an update, but nothing happens. 

It says "A new version is available" and there's an "update" button (Figure 1). I click that and get a new button thay says "Lightroom will shutdown and the update will hapen via teh Creative Cloud Application," with the option to click a "Cancel" or "Update" button. I click "Update" aaaaand.....whole lotta nuthin'. LR stays open and the message in Figure 1 stays. 

What's going on? Figure 2.pngFigure 1.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Try updating directly from the Creative Cloud icon. It's in your menu bar. Click on it and select the 'Updates' tab in the panel on the left.

1 2021-07-06 22-10-24.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wouldn't just make sense for one to be able to easily EDIT a question?!?!? Why is this not possible? 

Anyway, Figure 1 is the bottom screenshot. Figure 2 is the top one. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try updating directly from the Creative Cloud icon. It's in your menu bar. Click on it and select the 'Updates' tab in the panel on the left.

1 2021-07-06 22-10-24.jpg

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2023 Jul 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This thread is about Lightroom Desktop - not Lightroom Classic,  I will move your thread to the correct forum. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines