• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Shared Album: Anyone can view?!

Contributor ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I post photos to my LR album, and I set it to Anyone can view. Is there a chance someone can stumble upon those photos?
I'm asking because I have a wedding needed to share with my customers, and LR album is a awesome way to do it, and I am concerned to set it on Anyone can view it because there are photos of people's families, kids etc. and I donćt know those people.
But the groom wants to share this to his grandma, and when I set it to Invite only LR is asking the grandma to make a new account, and that is too complicated for her.
So if I set it to Anyone can view do I risk someone stumbling upon those private photos of random families and risk a lawsuit or something?
Thanks for clarifying.

{Thread title updated by moderator}

TOPICS
Android , Web , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

@Marko Subotin 

Sorry for coming late to the party.  Anything published on publicly accessible sites will be indexed by search engines and thus accessible from web searches. You have no control over this. 

To protect sensitive information from unwanted prying eyes, use password protection which is not indexed.  Better safe than sorry.

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/articles/360038428393-Adding-a-site-wide-password

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marko,

Thanks for reaching out. We're here to help.

'Anyone can view' is to create a public link where anyone with the link can view your album.

The chances of someone stumbling upon your specific album URL, which is unique, are thin and unlikely.

You can un-share or hide any previously shared album & you can further customize the privacy in the Shared album settings. Please check this article to learn more: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/using/save-share-photos.html

We hope this helps,

Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sameer my dude, you've helped a lot! Thanks to you and Adobe, now the grandma is able to see her grandchild's wedding photos without me worrying someone will sue me for publishing them. 
Thanks again. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at Adobe Portfolio. It is included in the Lr Plan. This would likely give a better "feel" for your customers.

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Marko Subotin 

Sorry for coming late to the party.  Anything published on publicly accessible sites will be indexed by search engines and thus accessible from web searches. You have no control over this. 

To protect sensitive information from unwanted prying eyes, use password protection which is not indexed.  Better safe than sorry.

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/articles/360038428393-Adding-a-site-wide-password

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines