Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Lightroom Staff I need your insights on Choose Best Photos in web and online app version

Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my second forum post.   Responders to my December post suggested that only Lightroom developers can answer my questions.   

I am researching a scholarly report on the use of AI and related techniques for aesthetic photo evaluation.  I am trying to learn more about the nuts & bolts of this new LR and LR web feature Choose Best Photos.  So far, my tests of the LR Web version’s "Choose best photos" feature do not seem to match my own ranking (even when I tell LR to "ignore my ratings").  Is there any benchmarking of this new LR  feature against commonly used imaging test sets that are used in aesthetic image research (databases such as Photo.net, AADB. Flickr, AVA, AROD, or similar)?   How is the rank order created?  Are the results, in the form of a numerical score available?  What elements of an image are evaluated? ….  balancing element, content, color harmony, depth of field, light, object emphasis, rule of thirds, vivid colors, etc. ?   Any kind of technical manual, technical report, or citation of research publications will be of great help in completing my research and publication.  Thanks (personal information removed)

TOPICS
Feature request, Performance, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?