• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom starts but not usable; Photoshop crashes each time.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I'm seeing. All apps updated on Creative Cloud; it's a new-ish machine but had a working install that I simply had not been using for some time. Today... reached for the tools and this is what I'm seeing with Lightroom.

Photoshop crashes outright.

Running NVIDIA not the latest and greatest drivers - tried the latest Studio drivers, those failed too.

?

mwyvr_0-1642301197681.pngmwyvr_1-1642301220763.pngmwyvr_2-1642301238718.png

mwyvr_3-1642301264816.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Have you tried unistalling and reinstalling the app? Does your Creative Cloud app have a pending update?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried unistalling and reinstalling the app? Does your Creative Cloud app have a pending update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not tried reinstalling; no there are no pending updates. 

Should that solve things - when both Lightroom and Photoshop are dying or unusable, on what amounts to a practically brand new machine with a fresh install that has barely been used - but always kept up to date - well, that would be troubling.

off I go...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: Since the post, a Photoshop update arrived; I installed it yesterday and voila, fixed.

As for Lightroom, it was still broken (no change so no surprise); uninstalling an reinstalling did rectify the problem. That's some pretty fragile software IMO, honestly the first time I've had to resolve a problem by doing the traditional help desk "uninstall and reinstall" in many, many, years. I'd barely used it in 6 months.

On the plus side, I cleaned up all my cloud files and moved to Lightroom Classic, which I prefer. 

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for updating your post. Hopefully this will help others as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines