• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom switching Raw to jpeg

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2022 Jun 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am uploading batches of raw photos into Lightroom only for them to be (what looks like) converted into jpegs upon being loaded into the app. Any idea why this is happening or ways I can fix>

TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 11, 2022 Jun 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a Windows user, so I have only read this answer and don't fully understand it. Hopefully, someone else with better understanding will more fully explain it. But if you used Apple Photos or some other Apple product to import the images and then tried to import those images to Lightroom, apparently that Apple software hides the raw images and only allows JPEG images to go to Lightroom. I don't fully understand the process, but that is what I read in another discussion. Don't know if that applies in your situation or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're on an iPad? Where are the raw files, in Photos or in another app? And how are you importing them, from Lightroom or by sending them from the other app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make sure you directly import the files from your card or camera into Lightroom. If you use a camera maker's app such as Nikon's or Canon's, those always convert the image to jpeg when sending files and you can't work around that as those apps are just terribly coded. You can also directly import raw files from the built-in photoroll in iOS as well as from the files app from iCloud, dropbox, etc. That works great too but best is to directly import them from the camera or card through a card reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines