• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom tags not immediately available in search

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've noticed that tags will not appear in searches until 1-2 minutes after tagging.  This is a big problem for us since we usually use (search for) tags frequently while tagging.  For example to check if a tag was applied correctly, or to view a group of photos with a recently applied tag.

Is there any planned solution for this or workaround?

Thanks!

-Andy

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The are available immediately when I test it here. 

Can you provide more detailed information about your system, internet connectivity, and workflow?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rikk, thanks for the reply.  I've updated my LR to the latest version and retried the test with the same results.  LR claims to be "Synced and Backed Up", but the new tags do not appear in search for 1-2 minutes. 

• I have a fast 300Mbps internet connection (30Mbps upload).  We have around 40,000 photos.
  • Workflow: I search for a photo, add a new tag.  It takes around 10 seconds for the "sync" to complete (depite changing nothing besides a single tag). After this sync the tagged photo is still not available in search for 1-2 minutes.  
  • Even the inital 10 seconds sync is unacceptably long in my opinion since the action may happen many times in the course of library organization.  For example, imagine deleting an email and not having it disapear for 10 seconds, or 2 minutes.  I feel like this data needs to be stored locally in the app or changed immeadiatly in the database for the user experience to equal that of the old Lightroom Classic product.

Thanks again -Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you search for "Keyword:yourkeywordhere" is it faster?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines