• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom unstable on Mac

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the last couple of weeks I have been having a few issues with Lightroom (CC) and its integration with Photoshop.  Mac running Monterey (M1 Pro)

• Lightroom has become unstable (uninstall, removed all files on hard drive, installed again with same results).  I can not close the app and must use Force Quit to exit the application.
  • Edit in Photoshop no longer round trips.  I completely uninstalled Photoshop and Lightroom with the same results.
  • Removed ALL files from my CC library online to start over - but when adding images the sync appears to never start - the images go into the online Sync Issues folder, but the actual sync almost never starts - when it does it is painfully slow - even on a gb connection
  • I removed all applications again this morning and will use some other applications in the meantime.  

I use my iPad for a lot of editing which is why I rely on CC so much.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. We are sorry for the trouble with Lightroom & Photoshop. I’ll need a little more information so that I can help you with this issue.

Could you please share the version of the macOS operating system you are working on? By instability, do you mean crash, or do you refer to lag in the overall app experience? Apart from uninstalling and re-install, have you tried any troubleshooting steps? Are you using Adobe Lightroom & Photoshop using Rosetta emulation mode by Apple?

Before troubleshooting, please ensure the latest versions are installed for both the Creative Cloud desktop app applications.

Ensure Lightroom & Photoshop has permissions needed on the Mac by following the steps suggested below:  

1.  Go to the System Preferences for your Mac, then Security and Privacy, then select the Privacy tab.  
  2. Then select Accessibility from the list to the left & check if Lightroom & Photoshop are added to the list with a checkmark in front of it.  
  3. If Lightroom & Photoshop are not a part of the list, please add them by unlocking the window first using the lock at the bottom left, then clicking the + icon & navigating to the Applications folder.  
  4. Also, grant permissions to Lightroom & Photoshop under Full disk access found in the same list as Accessibility. It should look as shown below for Adobe Lightroom.
    SameerK_0-1648729805283.png
  5. Once done, restart the Mac.

If the app still appears to behave unexpectedly, try running the apps in Rosetta 2 emulation mode.  Follow this documentation from Apple to set up Rosetta mode: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211861

We hope this helps,

Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and thank you for the response. 

• Yes, I have fully uninstalled both Photoshop and Lightroom and reinstalled.  I also completely removed the Creative Cloud app and reinstalled.  Each process twice.
  • Verified accessability options for both applications 
  • I am on 12.3.1
  • I have Rosetta 2 on because some of my plugins have not been updated yet

Current behavior after the above steps

• Selecting Edit in Photoshop from Lightroom will open the image, but when I go to save or close the image is saved to the local drive vs the round trip back to Lightroom - which was one of the big selling points for me
  • If I send an image from Lightroom to Photoshop, finish and CLOSE Photoshop when I attempt to close Lightroom I get a message twice that the image is still open in Photoshop - despite it not being.  Which leads me to believe it is still tracking the image for the round trip, but Photoshop is not completing the step
  • If Lightroom displays that message I must got to Force Quit to close Lightroom
  • If Lightroom is open for any amount of time I must use Force Quit
  • After importing images the screen flashes and I must restart Lightroom

Thank you!  I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It seems this somewhat goes in conjunction with my problem. 

Basically Lr has just become unresponsive on the mac system. 

Any amount of time Lr is open I also have to Force quit.

I also already have a recent post up about my situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines