Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom vs Lightroom C recommendation

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2021 Oct 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need a recommendation on Lightroom vs Lightroom C 

I have both programs and have imported photos into both.

I have about 7k photos on multiple drives, cam cards, icloud, dropbox etc. I would like to conolidate my photos in one place and use either Lighroom or Lightroom C to manage. Would i be better of uploading all my phots to the adobe cloud and using Lightroom to manage, or would i be better off buying an external hardrive, storing all photos there and then using Lightroom C to manage. Or, is there a better option. 

Thansk. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-cc-vs-classic-features/

The main consideration here is whether you will miss the many features from Classic that are not present in Lightroom Cloud or whether not having those weighs up against the convenience of having all your images in the cloud (which is considerable). Note that Lightroom cloud cannot print (seriously), cannot use virtual copies, cannot do hierarchical keywords, etc, etc, However classic needs all images to be local.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

External hard drives are relatively inexpensive so in the long run Lightroom Classic will probably save you money. However, to use Lightroom Classic effectively you need good file management skills. Lightroom simplifies this by putting everything in the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines