• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Web Photos - Identifying duplicates

Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to my Lightroom CC web-based application, I have over 81,000 photos. I know for a fact I have many duplicates and part of that reason might have been a bug in Adobe cloud that duplicated a lot of customer photos.

but I didn't know how many. So I download it my photos from Adobe cloud to my hard drive on my MacBook Pro. I ran a duplicate photo finder. I forget the name, but it's very highly rated. It's found over 23,000 duplicates and it gave me a list of what each one was located. Naturally, they they were located in the folder where the downloaded photos from Adobe cloud replaced.

so I have a dilemma. I have searched and searched for a way that I could access my Adobe cloud, photos, and search for duplicates and delete duplicates. It seems simple, however, I am not a software engineer. Although I am not a professional, I need to access my photos from my. Desktop and my laptop. Unless I can think of a way, my only option would be to go to Milio which I don't want to do. 
does anyone know where I can find a solution to this issue? Thank you.

(Thread title edited by Moderator)

TOPICS
macOS , Web , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know there is no easy solution to this problem. There is no duplicate finder function that I know off. The only ssolution with cloudy Lightroom is to download all images. Delete everything off the cloud. Find duplicates with some other program and reupload them. Not fun and potential of data loss.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your situation I'd be tempted to create an LrClassic catalog and sync it with the cloud. That would automatically download a copy of all 81k photos from the cloud and store them on a local drive (set the location and optional date-based folder scheme in the LrClassic Preferences>Lightroom Sync tab BEFORE enabling cloud syncing in that LrC catalog).

Once in Classic you could then run one of the available duplicate finder plug-ins to identify the duplicates. If you then delete the duplicates from that Classic catalog, that will automatically delete them from the cloud as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah this is probably the best solution if you don't mind going into Classic instead of Cloudy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines