Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Lightroom will not open - hundreds of links online - no ACTUAL solution

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear internets, just bought Adobe lightroom for windows 10 and it will not open past the launch screen.

I have reset preferences. I have cleared the cache. I have unintsalled, signed out, rebooted -- still nothing.

I see many posts for many years about this subject, has it been solved? 

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In what directory is Lightroom installed? Did you have a trial version installed before you purchased Lr?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, happened only very recently. I am using LR 6 version (from CD, with license code). It used to run fine until a few weeks ago. Please help.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

SOLVED IT.

Windows 10 suffers a major update issue. You can can check this by trying to open the Windows Store and install ANYTHING, if it fails to to install this is likely the reason Lightroom won't open -- your windows update is buggered up!

SOLUTION: Update Windows

But it isn't so straight forward, because the update service itself is screwed up. You can verify this by going to Start -> Windows Update -> Check status -> Probably some error code

MANUALLY UPDATE WINDOWS: CLICK HERE: 

https://download.microsoft.com/download/2/b/b/2bba292a-21c3-42a6-8123-98265faff0b6/Windows10Upgrade9...

This is a totally safe install, note it comes from Microsoft.com. This will take like 2 hours, reboot your computer a bunch of times. Once this is done, probably a good idea to do the regular windows updates since you're already there doing it.

THIS WILL SOLVE ALL YOUR WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT STORE NOT INSTALLING APPS & ADOBE LIGHT ROOM NOT OPENING IN WINDOWS 10.

Source: I just did this on my desktop & laptop both suffering from the same things, now 100% working. Reply here if you STILL don't have a solution after doing this. Otherwise I hope I could be of assistance!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines