• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Win Export Bad argument #1 to 'stringByAppendingPathComponent' (string expected, got nil)

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_20220905_142853.jpg

 Hello 

I am getting this error message on Photoshop Lightroom desktop edition (via Microsoft Store) when I go to export as 'large jpg'.

Nothing happens when I try to export to ...

Works fine on android app.

Can anybody help?

Much appreciated.

Jim

{Title edited by Moderator}

TOPICS
Android , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Hi Jim,

Please provide a few details on this issue;

Could you please confirm the version of Lightroom & the exact version of the Windows you are working on? Where are you trying to export the images? Have you recently updated the operating system or the application?  

Check the registry entries in the following location(might require IT authorization as this is on a work machine):

• Press Windows + R > type in 'Regedit' and press OK to open Registry Editor.
  • Navigate to the following location in

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

Please provide a few details on this issue;

Could you please confirm the version of Lightroom & the exact version of the Windows you are working on? Where are you trying to export the images? Have you recently updated the operating system or the application?  

Check the registry entries in the following location(might require IT authorization as this is on a work machine):

• Press Windows + R > type in 'Regedit' and press OK to open Registry Editor.
  • Navigate to the following location in Registry Editor: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
  • Check & ensure the data values for all the registries are as below on your computer.

RanjishaSengupta_0-1662404970756.png

(For a closer look)

RanjishaSengupta_2-1662404970463.png

After applying these changes, please restart the computer and export from Lightroom.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ranjisha,

Fixed - The Pictures folder has been on an external drive for months. I don't know why it stopped working.

I moved it back and its all ok now.

THANK YOU so much.

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to know that it's resolved. Feel free to reach out whenever needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Janjisha, 

So I am having the same issue and I just downloaded Lightroom yesterday on my Windows 10 PC. I went through your reccomendation above and nothing changed. Any further assistance would be appreicated, thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Kylene25954496vscm 

Which version of Lightroom are you using? What exact issue are you seeing? Which all steps have you tried so far?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines