Lightroom + windows 7 = impossible ?

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone

i'v recently started photography and heard of lightroom.

i tried many time to install it on my computer but i kept getting an error message saying that i did not meet the minimum requirement.

Since i got a pretty solid computer, i went trought everything one by one and found out i need direct x 12 ( im at 11 right now).

the thing is from what i saw in my research you cant get direct x 12 on windows 7, its only for the latest windows.

so my question being : Is there a way, beside installing say windows 10, to get lightroom on my current windows 7 ?

thanks a lot 😃

Mathieu

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017
Lightroom Classic runs fine on Windows 7. It's only the new cloud-native Lightroom CC app that requires Windows 10.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic runs fine on Windows 7. It's only the new cloud-native Lightroom CC app that requires Windows 10.

-------------------------------------
The Lightroom Queen - Author of the Lightroom Missing FAQ & Edit Like a Pro books.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have purchased adobe lightroom classic and running fine in my Windows 7 64 bit laptop from May 2021. Suddenly, it is saying develop module is disabled though I have active plan. Tried to sign out from lightroom nad sign in but its just opening a white window, nothing is there. Tried to download new adobe lightroom classic but its saying not compatible with Windows 7.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Plantemath,

As Victoria has mentioned Lightroom Classic CC is compatible with Windows 7, check here for more info: Lightroom Classic CC system requirements

However, Lightroom CC is compatible with Windows 10.

Regards,

Sahil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very irritating. I upgraded yesterday after using LR and PS daily on my Windows 7 machine. Now with the upgrade to the full suite, I am getting the "you need to license this software" message, and when I try to do that, I get the "your OS is not supported" message. Please help!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check you've got your service packs updated and you're installing Lightroom Classic, not the new cloud-native Lightroom CC mg91055195

-------------------------------------
The Lightroom Queen - Author of the Lightroom Missing FAQ & Edit Like a Pro books.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines