• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom won't open on mac after install

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i just got a new mac and decided to download Lightroom. After the program was installed and i tried opening it nothing happened.

I tried reinstalling the app, reinstalled CC, and followed every tip i've found, but nothing seems to work.

I tried the preferences and Application support fixes, but the thing is, the files/folders are nowhere to find.

Someone please help me, im so lost.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Sorry to hear about the trouble.

Which version of the app did you download? What happens when you try to open it? Do you see any error messages? Did you try creating a new user account on your Mac and launching Lightroom from there?

Please ensure that Lightroom has the necessary permissions on macOS by following the below-mentioned steps:

1. Go to the System Preferences for your Mac, then Security and Privacy, then select the Privacy tab.

2. Select Accessibility from the list to the left & check if Lightroom is added to the list with a checkmark in front of it.

3. If Lightroom is not a part of the list, please add it by unlocking the window first using the lock at the bottom left, then clicking the + icon & navigating to the Applications folder.

4. Also, grant permissions to Lightroom under Full disk access located in the same list as Accessibility.

5. Once done, restart the Mac & check if it helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2022 Oct 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi.

Thanks for the reply. I've installed lightroom version 5.5:) I tried to change the settings as you said, but when trying to add lightroom to said settings im unable to find the app. Seems to not be installed on the machine, as i'm unable to find the app under launchpad or in settings. Do you have any input on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines