• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lightroom

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought Lightroom and Photoshop. Before, I got a free version of Creative Cloud, where I only used Lightroom classic and Photoshop. I registered "Lightroom" without knowing if it's classic or mobile. By the way, that could be a bit clearer.

When I click on my Lr icon, it is said that I need to subscribe a new abonment. It seems that the two versions of Lightroom don't speak with each other. I cannot hav acces to my photos that are on the "old" version with the "new" one. How can I merge the two versions and finally work on my pictures?

Regards.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Creative Cloud" you get 'free' with all Adobe software. It is the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App that installs, updates, and activates the software, and Cloud storage as per your subscribed plan.

You can find the Version of Lightroom from the MENU: Help > System Info.

The "PHOTOGRAPHY PLAN (20Gb)"  includes Lightroom-CLASSIC, Photoshop, and (the Cloud based) Lightroom (1TB).

The "LIGHTROOM PLAN" includes only Lightroom (1TB).

"Lightroom don't speak with each other."- They do- but only to a limited way!

"How can I merge the two versions and finally work on my pictures?"  You cannot "merge".

Only Lightroom-CLASSIC will open your Catalogs from earlier versions.

You may need to change your subscribed Plan with Adobe.

COMPARE LR & LR-CLASSIC (Lr Queen)

! WHICH LIGHTROOM IS RIGHT FOR YOU

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hello, thanks to take time to answer, and I'm sorry to answer late.

The problem was eventually solved by itself, I had to create a new version of the existing catalog, with a new name, and the content of the old one migrated obediently to the new one.

Regards.

Bertrand

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines