Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Lightroom

New Here ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Lightroom CC. Trying to download my images to send to a client. All I get is an error saying "Unable to dowload original/proxy file. I understand that Lightroom is showing me smart previews and needs to download the original file for me to export it. So go and get it lightroom whats the issue. 

I upload all my images to lightroom so that I can store them in the cloud and access them from anywhere. But when I need them I can't access them?!?!? I've read multiple threads on the issue and none of them told me how to download the original file. This issue makes me sweat because I don't have backups. 

How do I force lightroom to download the original file? Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the LR forum so that proper help can be offered.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC is now just referred to as Lightroom. Did you import your original images to Lightroom, or did you import them Originally to Lightroom Classic and then synchronize them to Lightroom? In other words, why do you have only smart previews available?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The first thing you need to establish is what exactly you have stored in the cloud. If you did indeed import the images into any of the Lightroom apps (Desktop, Mobile or Web) then the original should have been uploaded to the cloud. If, OTOH, you imported them into Lightroom Classic and synced from there to the cloud, Classic only uploads Smart Previews.

So, to find out what you have in the cloud you need to interrogate Lightroom, though the procedure is different depending on the app that you use. If using the Lightroom Desktop app there are two ways:

1. Look at the thumbnails of the images in question using the Square Grid, at the bottom right of each thumbnail is a round icon....if it's a solid white or blue colour with a checkmark, that means the original is in the cloud. If it's diagonal hatched lines, that means it's a smart preview uploaded from Classic.

2. Select an image and open the Info panel, at the bottom it will tell you what is in the cloud, i.e. Original or Smart Preview.

If using a mobile device, select the image and tap on the cloud icon (iOS) or the circle icon (Android) at the top right of the screen. That will tell you what is currently available on the local device, but also tells you what's available in the cloud.

If it turns out that you do have the original in the cloud, you'll need to make sure that the app is connected to the network in order to facilitate the download of the original.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines