• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linking edited photos to their original copy

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had edited my photos on my old computer (they were on an external disk).

also, I had saved some of them on an album. 

now, on my new computer, I can see the album, but the photos there are in low size and I can't link then to the original photos in order to export them in full size.

could anyone help me please? I still have the external disk

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use Lightroom Classic on your old computer? And are you using Lightroom Classic on the new computer or are you just using Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, I don't remember about the last one, but today I use Lightroom Photoshop.

I did notice the configuration had changed, but I figured it's just an update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tell me the exact version of Lightroom installed on your computer. It's under Help/About. It seems to me that if your album has small images then you must have been using Lightroom Classic, which involves a catalog on the local computer. Does that sound familiar?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The version is 3.4.

I download the classic LightRoom and it looks like the old one I had.

But, unlike the 3.4 LightRoom, the classic didn't import my album yet.

I'll try to plug my disk and will check if it works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You would need the catalog from your old computer. I'm assuming that, on the old computer, Lightroom Classic was managing the images on the external hard drive. So if you are able to obtain the catalog that you were using previously, and the external hard drive still has the same drive designation, if you open that catalog Lightroom Classic should be able to locate all of your images and should be able to synchronize with your cloud images as well. That is, if I'm understanding everything correctly.

Additionally, the cloud version you are using at version 3.4 has been upgraded and is now at version 4.0. You might also want to check to see if  your creative cloud application manager is up-to-date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines