Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

LIVE From Adobe MAX - Lightroom 4.0 Release

Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've come a long, long way together

The ALL NEW Lightroom MAX 2020 Release

You've probably seen the new social trend of couples showing their when we met & present-day photos. Do you remember when you first met Lightroom? For some of you, maybe it was this past year while working from home, and for some, perhaps it was back in our public beta 1 days.

Then - Now: Lightroom Public Beta to NowThen - Now: Lightroom Public Beta to Now

I remember when I first was introduced to Lightroom--it was a darkroom, library, and pure Photoshop-like magic. I had been lamenting the lack of access to a traditional film darkroom and had just made the switch to digital photography. I had been trying to keep all of my digital photos and graphic assets organized, but much like in real life, I was frustrated and miserable--that is until my friend Ibraham introduced me to Lightroom public beta 1. I was awestruck by Lightroom, the darkroom's digital twin, and ended up switching my photography workflows to Lightroom primarily. 

New features roll out every year, but this year's new tools and features updates EXCITE me to no end. In the words of Fatboy Slim, "We've come a long, long way together and I have to praise you like I should."

Lightroom has always been a product created by and for Photographers, and together with your input, our product teams have developed a fantastic set of new features and tools to help you do what you do best--develop, edit, and publish--faster and easier than ever before.

At MAX 2019, I had the privilege of sitting with leading photographers from around the world at the Adobe Professional Community Summit. Each user shared what top features would make their specific industry photography workflows better and more efficient in Lightroom as well as editing between Lightroom and Photoshop. Many of you also submitted suggestions online about what would make using Lightroom more enjoyable for the everyday user. I am so EXCITED to see your feedback packed into this year's Lightroom MAX 2020 new features!

Lastly, I believe that we should all be empowered to work smarter, not harder. It's on that philosophy that I have selected my Top 5 Features based on how you might use Lightroom as well as Photoshop in your photography editing workflows. It's by no means exhaustive, but hopefully, it will help you dive-in and begin using the new tools and features in workflows that you already use every day.

I would LOVE to see how you use the new features! Be sure to share your favorite results in the comments below!

PhotographyPhotographyTOP 5 New Features for Photographers

1. Color Grading for More Control
  2. Automatically Select Your Best Photos
  3. Neural Filters
  4. Sky Replacement
  5. Select & Mask Enhancements

Download Lightroom Here

TOPICS
Announcement, Feature, Featured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But seriously, we STILL can't share folders as well as their nested albums? Almost Useless as a client review tool. Majorly disappointed. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So who makes the iPad Pro easel that Bryan O'Neil Hughes used in his Lightroom presentation in the Keynote? He came in at about 52:29. Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On updating the programm keeps crashing when opening files. Can anybody help??

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having issues with the recent update with Lightroom CC. I have been trying to work with a batch of images to edit whenever I copy and paste the settings to multiple images, the paste freezes and is unable to apply for the batch of images.
I have had my computer sit for several hours and still nothing. This sucks because I have to present my pictures to my client soon and the fact I may have to past them manually does not make me happy.
I want to know if anyone else is having this issue if there is a fix, and if not this issue needs to be resolved.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remember times when Adobe purchased creatorf of RAW converter that later become Lightroom. And there was mane words about that Lightroom will stay RAW comverter - an now -RIP Lightroom.

Its simple impossible to convert RAW files in Loghtroom now with all this cloud stupidity

Really - I dont need Library - I need just to convert 2000 - 5000 RAW files from shooting to jpg.

I can understand if in Photoshop will be optional cloud integration - but now I simply could not use new Lightroom at all? and because of problems with your Cloud desktop malware I could not use Classic. Great work Adobe. Your concurrent are really happy!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I simply could not to fix some errors in text  - really is  it 2020 or I jumped down to 1990?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And last for this topic - I couldnt believe that photgraphers asked to implement

Automatically Select Your Best Photos  - pure marketing lie  for .... didnt even know can use this. May be some lame editors, who got their work because of personal reasons of top managers

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines