• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

local catalog damaged

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i go to open lightroom (not lightroom classic) and a red message pops up saing local catalog damaged. below that it says you can fix this problem by restoring from your cloud backup and gives step by step below but i cant find the file they start off with for this procedure. ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app on my computer, restarting my computer, and searching through my documents but cant find anything. i just want to be able to edit my photos again, please help

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Just confirm, when you start Lightroom do you see a splash screen with a brown dog or a Paris street?

What operating system? If Mac, go to Pictures, on and you'll see a file called Lightroom Library.lrlibrary - that's the local catalog. As Lightroom's catalog is in the cloud, you can delete this local catalog (or just rename it) and restarting LR will make it recreate one.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just confirm, when you start Lightroom do you see a splash screen with a brown dog or a Paris street?

What operating system? If Mac, go to Pictures, on and you'll see a file called Lightroom Library.lrlibrary - that's the local catalog. As Lightroom's catalog is in the cloud, you can delete this local catalog (or just rename it) and restarting LR will make it recreate one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This definitely worked! Everything else didn’t. Not even the solution adobe provided. Thank you soooooooo much! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for the info. I have been trying to solve this problem for 2 days. Nothing helped but this definitely did!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!! I tried other ways and this worked beautifully! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Saved me a headache! worked to perfection!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @john beardsworth !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Came here from google because Adobes fixes weren't working. Easiest fix I've ever used for anything. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked! and was wayyy more simple than what adobe help provided! THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you a thousand times. I am now connected. You are a genius

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! the steps that Adobe provided did nothing but this worked.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, what is the purpose for the local catalog? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming we are talking about cloud-dependent Lightroom, think of its catalog as just being a cache and for when you are working offline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked! And it was way easier than the nonsense Adobe posted as a fix. THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG. YOU ARE THE BOMB.  Thank you so much - not like editing a wedding and THIS happens.  Thank you for the LITERAL saved hours.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Adobe's instructions about deleting the previews folder in the Catalog ID string didn't work, but simply renaming the Catalog ID string worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant!  Thanks so much.  I was experincing the same issue and was incredibly tentative to take your advice and delete the local catolog.  I took the chance to rename it and it worked brilliantly.  Thanks for sharing, John!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you soooo much! idk why adobe couldnt have just said that! literally fixed my 3 day issue in seconds!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You saved one more person ! Thank you 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What the heck! Imagine a blackhole consuming the stress of every soul within a billion mile radius...that was my heart when I read the currupt message and spent 30 minutes researching adobe's answers (btw - there are no Youtube tutorials for Mac Users). Then I read this...Mr. John Beardsworth tells me to copy and past Lightroom Library.lrlibrary into my icloud drive finder and BOOM! Problem fixed...simple...I will rest easy now 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS is the Answer I needed!! Thank you!! Adobe doesn't even know how to fix their own problems! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing I tried has worked......THIS WORKED!!! Thanks so much!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So thankful for this fix. Took a couple minutes and problem RESOLVED... Steps suggested by Lightromm failed repeatedly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem with Lightroom Mobile on my desktop, and this worked beautifully. The link Adobe provided me to fix this is pure gibberish and got me nowhere. Thanks very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant. Thank you so much! Why couldn't I have seen this first!?!? I was close to tears and about to give up...you saved the day! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines