Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Local Catalog Problem Win11

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2024 Jan 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lightroom problem.png

I'm getting this error messing when openening lightroom (latest version, not classic)

I can still access my albums on mobile and in browser. I've tried to reinstall it but the problem remains. 

I tried to fix it with this method (from another support thread), but I don't seem to have the Catalog.cat file on my computer (running windows 11) 

1. On Windows Close Lightroom
  2. Hold down the windows key and Press R to bring up the run dialog
  3. Type %appdata% and hit return
  4. Navigate  the file path through Local to Data and open the folder with a long string of numbers
  5. Rename the file Managed Catalog.mcat to Managed Catalog.old
  6. Delete the previews database
  7. Close Explorer and re-launch Lightroom
  8. Wait for sync to complete

On Mac OS start from Pictures and open Package Contents.

See Local Catalog Damaged for more information.

Does anyone have a quick fix for this? 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2024 Jan 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, @Moreart. Welcome to the Lightroom Community. I'd love to help you figure this out.

There could be various reasons for this. Did this start to happen since a recent update of Lightroom or the operating system? Do you have any antivirus that could restrict folders & internet access to Lightroom? Have you tried disabling such programs temporarily as a test?

First, set Lightroom to run as administrator by default.

• Go to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom CC
  • Right-click on Lightroom.exe > Properties > Compatibility > Change Settings for all users > Check 'Run this program as an administrator'

SameerK_0-1661346557691.png

• Click on OK & Apply to save the changes.

Let me know if this helps. Thanks!
Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2024 Jan 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your help, I tried running it as an administrator (and disabling my antivirus software) but that didn't make any differece. I did get a new error message that wasn't there before 

error.png

Lightroom just started crashing out of the blue, I didn't make any update to the software. The only change I made recently was that I disables automatic sync from my mobile a few days before. I can still use the web version, but it doesn't have the functionalities I need unfortunately. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines